What do you do if you can't remember? 15 and 1 problem.

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I didn't write down when I put my eggs in the bator. My DH said I told him they would hatch round the 21. I don't remember that.
sad.png
I candled them yesterday and they don't seem that developed. I know I put them in before the 1st. Plus my temp is messed up. I think its a little on the low side. I can’t seem to get it right, so if they are due the 21 then my 18 days will be the 18th but should I wait a day before I take them out of the turner. Maybe I will candle again on the 18th and see how they look. If they are full then I will take them out of the turner. Does that sound good. Now I’m worried and all messed up.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
That's why I wrote the date with pencil on the ends of the last 2 eggs I set. There are a few times I had to go back and dig up my own posts or the delivery date of some eggs to remember when I set them. You can go off candling if you have to. The egg should be pretty much filled on the 18th day. If they aren't I would still take them out of the turner but maybe hand turn for another 12-24hrs and then raise the humidity and leave them sit. If you stop turning a day early I don't think it's that big of deal. I had to leave town from the morning of the 17th day to the 21st day and turned them the last time that morning. I came home to a pip and it was one of my best hatches so far.

Oh my gosh! I did that one time and I felt like such an idiot!!! I had to sit down with a calendar and try to recreate my days around the time I thought I put them in. Eventually I figured it out, but what a pain in the behind!!

Ok, let's think about this. If you really can't figure out what day they went into the bator, but you know it was sometime before the first, then maybe you should candle a couple of days before the 18th to see if the egou gs are full. If they are, then maybe wait one more day, then take them out of the turner? I'm just thinking it might be better to check on them at the earliest time that they might be at 18 days???? Of course, there are people who don't take them out of the turner at all, and they do just fine with their hatches. . .

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's ever done this!!!! I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be fine. Maybe this will be your best hatch yet!!!
thumbsup.gif

I thought no one was ever going to ask!

On Dec 28th ginbart wrote "I put 36 eggs in the bator last night and the temp was still at 95 this morning" in this thread .

A little detective work. No charge.

Hope all is well.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom