• Give away

Votes: 213 64.4%
  • Throw away

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 88 26.6%

• Total voters
Pics
I usually freeze eggs in batches marked for specific uses. My FAVORITE S are lemon and lime curds. When the fruits are in season, I make big batches. (Or you can do the reverse: freeze the juice and make the curd in spring.)

Other faves that use a lot of eggs: French toast, frittata, quiche, Dutch pancakes, crepes, Angel food cake.
We tend to have "breakfast for dinner" a lot :)

My family gets about 8 eggs a day. We give them to family, friends, and anybody that comes to our house. We often have omelets and keish. My mayonnaise failed although I’m looking for another recipe.
I know this sounds weird but you could dye the eggs to use as decoration. Not sure about that but I guess you could try?

Hope you find something to do with all your eggs!
I guess you could blow out the egg use it in decorations. They should be ok to dye. Years ago, a friend made a diorama using a duck egg- it is really cute. I still have it after 25 years. I am saving some wind eggs to make a summer wreath to go on the back door - with flowers, a small fake hen with some chicks and a few eggs. I put a small hole in the back and washed out the protein. Let them dry and they are ready to use.

Attachments

• Diorama.jpg
    Diorama.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 8
I have read that eggs can be frozen....maybe freeze them for when your ladies aren't laying?

Yeah, that's what I do. I freeze them so we still have a few eggs in the winter when the hens aren't laying - that is, if I ever manage to get enough to freeze. I have a big family, we eat them very quickly, the hens can't hardly keep up with us!

I guess you could blow out the egg use it in decorations. They should be ok to dye. Years ago, a friend made a diorama using a duck egg- it is really cute. I still have it after 25 years. I am saving some wind eggs to make a summer wreath to go on the back door - with flowers, a small fake hen with some chicks and a few eggs. I put a small hole in the back and washed out the protein. Let them dry and they are ready to use.
Adorable! What an amazing and creative way to use an egg! When you finish your summer wreath, are you able to post pictures? I can’t wait to see how it turns out! Eggs really are amazing!

I give them away, then in the winter when they really start laying (I'm in Phoenix AZ area and we are backwards, they slow down or stop when the temps reach 115°+) I've tried freezing them, nope, shell didn't work. Then mixing the whole egg like for scrambling and freezing. OK, but not great. So I do the water test and pickle them. If they stand on end and don't float, boil them, crush them shell and all and give them to the chickens to eat. All the frozen that I couldn't use up, I scrambled and fed it to them. My granddaughter that lives with us, 12 months old is allergic to all forms of eggs, so I don't bake with them anymore. Hubbys work buddies LOVE the pickled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom