What do you do with all your eggs?!

Chelseyb123

Songster
Oct 4, 2017
Maine
Have you tried a fake egg in the boxes or moving those that are layed in the boxes? I know I had some hidden nest in the summer summe. An mine like to makes nest on the floor in thw corner. I moved a box a new box in there today with a fake egg an they lady next to it Lol. Hopefully they'll stop lol
My girls won't cooperate. They won't lay in the boxes, they sleep in the boxes, and there's always some clucky mummy who sits on all the eggs. I got a rollaway nest box and the girls in there have now decided to lay BEHIND it (and under their sleeping roost).
I'd like for somebody to have them, but trying to find somebody who can deal with a bit of chicken poo is too much of a challenge. Anyone who understands about "bloom" and all that probably has their own chooks.

Chelseyb123

Songster
Oct 4, 2017
Maine
I love that you can give some to your Nanna!

I'm not sure about where you live, but people around here LOVE to buy eggs from their neighbours/random houses instead of the grocery store!
Oh yes she loves it. She's always like "There is just nothing like fresh eggs. The ones from the store are just so runny. Such a difference." haha every time I give her some she says this Lol but Im in Maine. An is it just me but after having my own hens an eggs I laugh when I check out store bought eggs now.my boyfriend probably thinks Im nuts now cause I go on about it go about a half hour.:lau

AllenK RGV

Chicken Addict
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2017
Deep South Texas Laureles,TX 10A
Yes I was so amazed tonight scrambling eggs for the dogs, the yokes weren't a pale yellow like factory farm "fresh" eggs. They were the color of orange(Navel) flesh once scrambled! I hope the dogs really enjoyed my cooking.

edit-- my hens have been producing for 1-2 weeks tops.

edit-edit-I have lived on the north american, european and asian continents and never before seen these colors in eggs. I', sure they must taste great just I am still eating what I know from commercial hatcheries via my normal food sources.

Last edited:

AllenK RGV

Chicken Addict
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2017
Deep South Texas Laureles,TX 10A
Yes I was so amazed tonight scrambling eggs for the dogs, the yokes weren't a pale yellow like factory farm "fresh" eggs. They were the color of orange(Navel) flesh once scrambled! I hope the dogs really enjoyed my cooking.

edit-- my hens have been producing for 1-2 weeks tops.

edit-edit-I have lived on the north american, european and asian continents and never before seen these colors in eggs. I', sure they must taste great just I am still eating what I know from commercial hatcheries via my normal food sources.
I am thinking once I have 3-4 total I am headed down to the corner taquira and going to ask them to make me a breakfast taco from my own eggs. My breed lays smallish eggs but that might get me 2 breakfast tacos!

Top Bottom