What do you do with all your eggs?!

Pics
People I trade with know our eggs are unwashed and not refrigerated.
I wish I could sell some extras. The guy who set up our internet wanted to buy 2 dozen a week rather than go to the Indian reservation, but we aren't allowed to sell from our back yard so I said no.
You can’t sell farm gate as the regulations here call it? I don’t think you can here if you are a registered producer of something else but you can sell duck eggs because they are not regulated. But there is a fresh egg sign fairly regularly in my area. I let my daughter collect $3.00 from the neighbor we sell to but give away to my one adult child and her roommates and a friend who is kind to us often bread ,child care,a jar of her fresh jam ( which has been going on much longer than I have had eggs). And yes to pound cake or custard but I am going to get fat.

You can’t sell farm gate as the regulations here call it? I don’t think you can here if you are a registered producer of something else but you can sell duck eggs because they are not regulated. But there is a fresh egg sign fairly regularly in my area. I let my daughter collect $3.00 from the neighbor we sell to but give away to my one adult child and her roommates and a friend who is kind to us often bread ,child care,a jar of her fresh jam ( which has been going on much longer than I have had eggs). And yes to pound cake or custard but I am going to get fat.

No, regulation doesn't allow it. Not long ago we were hearing that people were getting salmonella from their backyard chickens. The news was up in arms about it and I was happy not to worry that it could be my customer.

People are just dumb so better to share with family and neighbors and leave it at that.

Seeing how I have closer neighbors they typically each get a dozen on alternating weeks as my 9 girls are typically pretty vocal when the others are laying on a daily basis. Gotta keep nice with the neighbors. I have a cooler in the front yard with a "trust box" for $2 a dozen. While the adults are trustworthy the kids that occasionally go up our street aren't so much... Anything else is either eaten or pickled and sold/bartered off for other foods or materials

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.geniuskitchen.com/amp/recipe/sourdough-coffee-cake-225416

I usually make 3 cakes at a time because well theres so much starter by the time i get around to it. (I havent thrown any out yet) and the topping recipe makes too mubch for one cake. :)
I wanted to say... GREAT RECIPE!!! I have already made this several times. I just use my ol cast iron pan. The first time I made it, I brought it up to my dad and brother in law at a replace the flooring party. It disappeared instantly. I think I only got a crumble. I made it again so I could enjoy my fair share the next day :) Thanks again for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom