What do you do with ducks during the winter

I have 3 ducks and 4 drakes and everyone is fine. It can be done but probably not during breeding season. Use common sense. I bring out a 2 gallon bucket of water twice a day. Bathing every day is preposterous. The way i see it my ducks dont need to bathe more then i do. Once a week is plenty. Under No circumstances bring your ducks inside durring the winter. Your ducks will grow a thick down coat. If You dont belive me put on enough clothing for 20 below and hang out inside for a few hours, then go back outside in the cold.

I have 3 ducks and 4 drakes and everyone is fine. It can be done but probably not during breeding season. Use common sense. I bring out a 2 gallon bucket of water twice a day. Bathing every day is preposterous. The way i see it my ducks dont need to bathe more then i do. Once a week is plenty. Under No circumstances bring your ducks inside durring the winter. Your ducks will grow a thick down coat. If You dont belive me put on enough clothing for 20 below and hang out inside for a few hours, then go back outside in the cold.
completely wrong. ducks need daily water and lots of swim time. they are WATERfowl for a reason. you can bring your ducks indoors, i always do and they are perfectly happy

Under No circumstances bring your ducks inside durring the winter.

you can bring your ducks indoors, i always do and they are perfectly happy

I think you need to pick where your ducks will live, and not move them back and forth. If they can survive summer, of course they can be OK at house temperature if they stay there all the time.

They can have the right number of feathers to be warm outside, or the right number to be comfortable inside, but what they cannot do is change quickly from one to the other and back again.

I think you need to pick where your ducks will live, and not move them back and forth. If they can survive summer, of course they can be OK at house temperature if they stay there all the time.

They can have the right number of feathers to be warm outside, or the right number to be comfortable inside, but what they cannot do is change quickly from one to the other and back again.
they sleep indoors at night and go outside during the day. they have a choice to come in if they see cold but like to stay during the day

Back
Top Bottom