What do you do with your baby when you're in the barnyard?

fowlwoman1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Wenatchee, WA
My baby is 9 months old and most of the time I've just gone out to the barnyard when he's asleep and I take the baby monitor with me or I have my husband or son babysit him for a few minutes while I go out there. But now with spring here, I have lots I need to do out there. What do you do with your baby/toddler when you're in the barnyard working? Do you have a playpen or a swing out there or do you just let them crawl around in the yuck? Advice here would be nice. Thanks for any input.

put it in with the chicks
smile.png

I wore my kids in one of those backpacks designed specifically for the purpose. They loved being able to see what I was doing and I didn't have to worry about where they were or what they were doing.

My son is almost a year and i either put him in his pack n play or his stroller. I also sneek out as soon as i can after he falls asleep and take the monitor

I did what HEchicken did. I wore her in a pack, and took her everywhere with me. Mine was worn in the front, but there are some you can wear on back too. I also had one of those outdoor playpens. It came to the beach with us ( and everywhere else). It had a shade that went on the top, and screening along the side. When we were ready to go home it was easy to pack up, and carry.

Bluemoon

Everything I had to do with my animals I just wore my son while I did it. It made my life easier for sure and he was tickled pick to be able to see everything. But I have to qualify that I never had anything toxic that I was dealing with and everything here is open air
smile.png

I either wait until she is sleeping or i put her in her bouncy chair and have my 6yr old sit with her. if i want to stay out there for a bit i wait until dh is home to watch her.

Weeeeeeeeeeeellllll. When mine were that young I was married to a dairy farmer. We got an old car seat, hung it from the rafters and put the kids in there. They LOVED it. They could see over the cows and I would walk by every so often. Car seats are cheap if they are out dated. Go get afew for probably next to nothing and have them set where you work. Yea?

Hey!!! These all sound like excellent ideas...but when our husbands are with the kids - THEY ARE NOT BABYSITTING - they are parenting!!!
lol.png

I'm just sayin'!

Mine are both teens now...and the battle is how to get them away from electronics!

Back
Top Bottom