Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Toadsuck, AR
I have them coming out my ears and only have a few ways to serve them

1. Pickles

2. Raw with ranch dressing

3. Soaked in Vinager and Oil with onion

4. Shredded and mixed with cream cheese, sour cream and a little salt and pepper as a cracker spread
( I remove the seeds before I shred them)

Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited:
Sanwiches.

Spread thin sourdough slices with softened cream cheese. Add thin slices of cucumber, sweet onion and tomato. Salt and pepper.
droolin.gif

raw in salads

chopped in gazpacho (raw veggie, cold soup)

cucumber boats (cucumber cut in half length wise, cleaned out and stuffed with salmon or tuna salad...yum!)

pickles

on sandwiches

My mom would always soak them for about an hour or two in vinegar and sugar. I don't remember the exact recipe, but my sister and I couldn't keep away from them until they were ready.
droolin.gif

Cucumber Soup

2 cucumbers peeled, seeded and chopped (I leave the seeds in)
1 garlic clove, peeled (sometimes I add an extra)
1 tsp salt
2 cups of veggie stock (or homemade chicken stock,
wink.png
)
1 14oz can unsweetened light coconut milk (or regular unsweetened coconut milk)
2 Tbsps fresh lime juice (or more)
1 Tbsp minced cilantro
8 thin cucumber slices for garnish

Drag out the blender or food processor.

Process garlic and salt to a paste. Add cucumber and process til smooth. Add stock, coconut milk, lime juice and cilantro. Process til smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Refrigerate - preferably overnight.

I think this soup is just delicious! Light and refreshing. The flavours marinade overnight. It can taste kinda bland but has a delicate after taste that build up on my palette. The flavours differ each time I make it but I've come to the conclusion an extra touch of garlic and lime make the difference.

Last edited:
I always have ton's of cucumbers so I feed the extra's to the chickens they love em, so that's another option.

AL

I go out to the garden, bring me a wet paper towel(sometimes use my shirt) wipe the dirt off and I usually eat proabably 3 or 4 juts walking over there. they are very juicy and man o man. I don't know what I would do without them. Cucumbers is the only thing I woudl plant if I had to choose one thing to plant. I just eat them like they are. Peelings too. Put some salt on them too.

Back
Top Bottom