What do you do with your long hair?

Aneesa's Muse

Songster
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
SF Bay Area
Yes... just what it says.. what do you all do with your long hair?

I have hair passed my butt and it's very thick ..DH loves it! ..I don't, so much.
roll.png
Normally, I just flip it up in a bun and use a claw type clip thingy to hold it there... or I put it in a scrunchi and double or triple it up with another one, to make it only a half or a third of the length. I very rarely wear it down cuz it gets EVERYWHERE!!

So folks ...men and women.. what do you do with your unruly long hair?
wink.png

No.. cutting it is not an option (per DH's wishes)
hmm.png

I always pull mine back like I would to put it in a ponytail, then twist it several times to decrease the length and clip it with one of those 'claw like things' lol! That way the loose ends kinda fan out in the back and can be seen on the top of my head and I don't look as dumb as I would with just a ponytail.

I've never had my hair passed my behind, but it did grow pretty long a few times and it was very hard to keep tidy. I ended up getting long layers cut into it so it kept it's length but didn't seem so thick looking, and I have really thick hair. I hate putting it up as I look stupid as I have a long face and wearing my hair up doesn't suit me. This reminds me...I need to have it trimmed again
tongue.png

You could tell DH that you are getting really bad hair pains because your hair is too heavy! It can cause horrible headaches and neck pains, mine did, that's why I got mine layered as well.
smile.png

Last edited:
Well, before I cut it to the middle of my back (was past my butt) I use to french braid it on both sides and then wound it around my head, or just french braided .

I had to cut mine do to the increase of migraines I kept having and the neck pain from the weight of it.

edit for spelling:

Last edited:
My hair is usually between an inch or two above the chair when sitting up, to being able to sit on a few inches of it. When I am up and my hair is dry, it sits in a bun. Twist it up and apply one unit chopstick though the center.

Thanks, everyone!

I don't know if my hair is any contribution to my migraines ..and my Neuro can't figure it out either ...but having long hair is definitely a pain in something or other!
roll.png

I was just looking for ways to keep it controlled while I'm working and doing stuff around the house.

I used to pay someone to french braid it for me, as it is too difficult for me to try and wrangle it all myself ...and get it symmetrical, somewhat
tongue.png

Short of cutting it ..even layering it ..which only causes the curly factor to get worse ...I am just stuck with it, I guess.

Oh.. and braiding one big single braid down my back is like having a baseball bat swinging behind me all the time ..and it hurts if it hits ya just right! Two single braids isn't much better ...just one on each side to knock you around a bit.

I shouldn't complain about it ..I could be bald!
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, can't help you on this one.
But I would definetly see about shortening it up some to help with your migranes.
If mine gets past my shoulders in length, I am in for daily migranes. And my hair isn't thick at all.
I think I have managed 2-3 different times in my life to grow it past my middle back until I had to just cut it off.

My hair reaches the middle of my back in a ponytail atop my head. Thats how I wear it every day. The only time I wear it down is when we have somewhere fancy to go.

About your migraines- could be hereditary, genetics, whatever- but I will tell you that four inches longer with my hair and I get migraines too.

I am not a good comparison, I had a stroke and suffered from cluster headaches...but the migraine factor for me was indeed my hair. It was suggested to me to cut my hair to see if it helped, and at the moment- I would have tried anything. So, I did. No more migraines- then I began experimenting to see how long it could get before they came back.

You may try cutting your hair a few inches at a time, just to see if it helps relieve some of the suffering.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom