What do you do with your long hair?

French braiding it yourself just takes practice. You kinda dedicate an afternoon and make up your mind to learn. Don't bother trying to look in a mirror, just do it by feel so you get the hand motions down.

I only do nice braids for special occasions. It takes, like, 15 minutes, which is 10 minutes more than I want to spend doing my hair. So.

Most of the time it's in a bun. Make 1 ponytail in the middle of your head. Hold your right arm about 3 inches from the ponytail, hand parallel to your left shoulder, elbow sorta by your right ear. Wrap ponytail around wrist, using your left hand to wrap. Rotate hand clockwise 1 turn and grab the loose end of the ponytail. You should now have 1 loop of hair around your wrist and one twist around the ponytail's rubberband. Now use your left hand to help tug your right hand through the loop of hair. You're basically tying a slipknot. You can pull the end through partway to make a second loop, or pull it all the way through to make a knot. Fasten with chopsticks or fancy-shmancy hair sticks or #2 pencils if that's all you've got. Make sure at least one stick goes through the ponytail rubber band.

Back
Top Bottom