What do you feed yours?

For my chooks, they have a feeder full of a mix of pellets, seeds, grain, and corn. Occasionally I will give them some scrambled eggs, or mealworms! They also have a small container of grit. Andddddd... if I have any veggie scraps (that are non-toxic) I take that down and give some to them and some to the worms! What do you like to feed your pets?

For my chooks, they have a feeder full of a mix of pellets, seeds, grain, and corn. Occasionally I will give them some scrambled eggs, or mealworms! They also have a small container of grit. Andddddd... if I have any veggie scraps (that are non-toxic) I take that down and give some to them and some to the worms! What do you like to feed your pets?
I have 2 older horses that I feed Life Data pellets or similar brand along with hay and free ranging, 2 new kittens that I’m feeding Taste of the Wild cat food, 50+ chickens and 8* free range turkeys eating the cheapest gamebird and all flock food I can buy.

Last edited:
This is going to be a long one....!
Chickens; Vella Stock Feeds pullet & duck grower, scratch mix, either Vella chick starter or peckish starter for the chicks, some boiled eggs, other scraps, shell grit.
Goats; whatever is in their paddocks, willow branches, lucerne chaff, whole soaked barley, sunflower seeds, cracked lupin.
Sheep; grazing, and either similar to the goats, or more often sheep pellets. (not sure what brand)
Rabbit; home grown hay, Oxbow rabbit pellets, Coles homebrand rabbit & guinea pig food, grass and dandelions.
Guinea pig; same hay, peckish rabbit & guine pig food, carrot, grass, other green things.
Horse & pony; don't need much other then grass, very good doers, but a bit of hay and pellets (vella also in the moment)
Cats; mostly either Coles or Woolworths home brand dry and tinned food.
Dogs; not quite sure as it isn't me who feeds them, but good quality dry food, and fresh lamb mince.

I think thats everyone :)

I feed the chickens a whole grain mix - I will be transitioning to a hot mash for the winter. I add kelp, ACV to the mash. They forage too. The geese eat the same.
The goats get hay, browse, and a whole grain mix. The bucks get ACV in their Ed to prevent UC. And veggie scraps.
The pigs get a whole grain mix. And scraps.
The horse gets a mixture of Turmash and Relite, hay and a little grazing.
The cat gets Red Mills cat food.
One dog gets Star dog food, the other gets Time puppy & sapling.
The Guinea pigs get Guinea pig nuts (forget brand) hay, veggie scraps.
Think that’s everyone!

Chickens get all flock pellets, corn free pigeon feed as scratch, oyster shell and grit. Greens pretty regular and fruit on occasion.

Dogs get a quality, grain free kibble every day and a home cooked meal once a week. Their human meals are ground meat, I switch it up each week, and steamed veggies.

Our chickens get Dumar all flock pellets and crumbles 17-20% depending on what’s in stock, mixed with scratch grains. And a 5lb bag of mealworms mixed in the barrel of 150lbs of feed. Oyster shell on the side. We serve wetted feed in the morning and scattered dry in the afternoon. Plus scraps
Dogs (2) get 4Health dry feed
Cats (15) get 9 lives dry and 2 times a week get a can of Friskies
Donkeys (2) get Rolled oats and cracked corn, plus grazing, though they will suck up the chicken feed from the yard. Tried hay and pellets but they stopped eating it.
Rats and mice will eat out of the Donkey trough, and seem to be getting enough, since a can’t get rid of them.
Turkeys (3) get a Dumar game bird 30% feed, but will also eat the chicken feed before going to their feeder.

What a neat thread to see what everyone else is doing!

60+ Svart Hona Chickens get Organic Grower purchased by the ton, also everyone free ranges.
2 Geese and 3 Ducks get the same grower but forage for most of their feed.
8 Turkeys get grower with extra org. soy-meal added to boost protein.
12 young guineas get the same as turkeys.

The pooch gets Fromm Family Dog Food.

Appropriate kitchen and garden scraps given sometimes; no other 'treats' given.

Back
Top Bottom