What do you do with your long hair?

* I grew mine long one time as an adult, kept it for two years, My hair is fine, and it tangles like mad. One windy day I drove my truck with it unbraided to my stylist for a trim. She had to comb 2O minutes to get the tangles out first. I had her braid it, drove straight to another salon and had them cut it off. . . .

I wear it in a bun or ponytail or just pull it off my face with barrettes.
Mine was to my hips a few years ago and I had 15 inches cut off and I donated it to Locks of love. A year later I donated another 12 inches. It is over halfway to my waist again and almost time for another donation.

I shaved all of mine off, and I suggest all of you ladies do the same. Sure saves on the high cost of shampoo.
BTW, I also had a tattoo of a honeybee put on the side of my head just above the ear.

9574_sempre_libre.jpg
9574_tattoo.jpg

Last edited:
I am in the process of growing my hair out again. It is currently to the middle of my back. For work (desk job) I just let it down. If I have real manual labor to do, I pull it into a pony tail at the base of my neck. Sometimes I will pony it up to the top of my head. If I am painting or something that it will get messed up with, I will pony it on top of my head then braid the tail and wrap it around the pony tail holder into a bun and secure with a bobbie pin. This keeps it up and out of the way and neat.

I usually just pony tail mine and double it up. I have been thinking about getting it cut but all the salons here that do a good job want about 60-70 dollars for it. Rip off!
rant.gif

I do need to do something different with it though. It gets on my nerves because it just looks so boring.

I wish I knew how to french braid my own hair!
smile.png

Quote:
I bet the library has a book on braiding hair. When my BIL became a single dad. He learned to care for his daughters hair in a book. She looked so pretty in her braids.

Mine is about 5 inches below my shoulders and I just wear it in a pony tail or for "fancier" places I slide in a push back. Sometimes I let my hair hang down, but that's mainly only on Sunday mornings.

I, to, wish I could French Braid. I think it looks great on certain lengths of hair.

Back
Top Bottom