What do you feed your chickens as a special treat?

Quote:
Lobster.....????? Your chooks get LOBSTER?????? I'll be right over. I'll be the 200lb chicken with taped on feathers.
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

My chickens go absolutely wild for tinned cat food mixed up with oatmeal. I put a tray of that in their run, it's like a riot in there. they love cooked corn-on-the-cob too. Not just the full corncob, they'll spend ages pecking over the husks too. Oh, and they also like scrabbling around for blueberries.

D.gif

My chooks get a half a head of cabbage every day. I've tried giving them other treats but they stand looking at me and growling until I hand over the cabbage. Then they will happily peck thru it and wander around. "Hand over the Cabbage Woman and no One gets hurt!" Strange birds!
wee.gif

Quote:
Lobster.....????? Your chooks get LOBSTER?????? I'll be right over. I'll be the 200lb chicken with taped on feathers.
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

I can just see a dozen of us in chicken costumes standing around in their run amung the real chickens waiting for our lobster ration.
lol.png

They get BOSS occasionally (although since that is expensive we try to reserve that for the wild birds) and chicken scratch grains, when we have it. Then they get all the odds and ends - unfinished cereal and milk, melon rinds, stale bread, bread getting old, and other stuff that humans shouldn't eat but chickens will be fine with...

Back
Top Bottom