what do you feed your chicks PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

If your chicks are 7 weeks old they should still be on the chick starter food...I use medicated Start and Grow and will keep them on that until they're about 16 weeks, then gradually switch them over to the laying formula.

Actually I read that the medicated feed isn't recommended after 12 weeks since it could interfere with the development of their natural immunities...Any opinions on that from the more experienced folks?

Quote:
I do not feed any of my birds medicated feed at all! The chick starter I use because of the high protein for faster growth. Also on another note do NOT feed Ducklings medicated feed! They eat a lot more than chicks! Just from a past experience!

Nate

Purina Start & Grow
smile.png

Just got my first chicks, picked up a bag of Dumor non medicated chick starter feed. they seem to like it plenty good

i feed my babies hatch to 8 weeks nothin but medicated chick feed, after that for about 2 weeks i feed them cruml
bles for egg layers and mix this with scratch and baby chick food until i can tell they are eating the big chicken diet,

I feed mine Dumor Chick Starter from TSC. I don't like the medicated feed unless there is a reason to medicate. I have been doing this for 3 batches of chicks for the past year and have not had a problem with any of the chicks yet.

Medicated chick starter for the first 2 weeks. Then, the starter feed plus a hard boiled or scrambled egg 2 or 3 times a week, ground up really small. At 3 or 4 weeks, I add a box of sand and start giving them finely ground greens and fruits (basically some of what the big girls get, just chopped a lot more) and ground sesame and flax seeds. At some point, I stop grinding the seeds because they are big enough to eat them whole. I can't say exactly when that is, but you can tell by their size. They always have the chick feed available free choice 24/7. At 8 weeks, they get switched to grower feed, plus treats. I'll sometimes dig up a patch of grass and soil from the yard for them to play with. Once the weather warms, they go outside for part of the day in a temporary run, so they get plenty of grit and grass and bug then.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom