What do you feed your ducks?

Mine love peas, tomatoes, lettuce and meal worms. They get a small little bit of something as a treat first thing in the morning, one that i mentioned or any scrap veggies we have that day. And they know it, they come out of their house with so much to loudly say until I've given their treat....they're spoiled. :rolleyes: But then they have pellets and OS available all day. I try to keep to the 10% rule for treats.....my ducks will eat the treats out of our hands and let us pet them first thing in the morning while devouring their treats, so it's become a morning routine....

They hate bananas too 🤣 but they used to hate peas...so I will have to try again in a few months.

When I cut my pumpkin into quarters and left it for them they wouldn’t even walk by it for days
I had to move it the first day as they wouldn’t go past to get in the duck house lol 😂
Eventually a brave duck tried it and then the crew ate it all
Just takes one to try
We cut the top off our pumpkin and set it out there, they didn't touch it all day, but then it rained pretty hard in the afternoon...Penny our brave one took a drink out of it lol, they treated it like one of their water bowls...just pumpkin flavored 🤣

Mine also eat any kind of squash, any kind of melon, peas, bananas, kale, blueberries... I just don't give it too often. I also give them the fines from the forage my goats won't touch. I throw it in a big pile in the yard, and they go nuts digging in it.

Edited: My new geese get kale, tomatoes, bananas, apples,peas, etc. daily in addition to pellets because there just isn't much grass right now where they are. Won't be long until that changes, though.

Is it bad that I hardly give my ducks treats at all? 😬🤣
In the Spring/summer, if I find any June bug grubs in the garden, I'll collect them in a bucket and give them to the kids to go throw them. And if the Creek gets really low and a lot of fish are stranded and dying in the puddles, the kids collect those, too.

Is it bad that I hardly give my ducks treats at all? 😬🤣
In the Spring/summer, if I find any June bug grubs in the garden, I'll collect them in a bucket and give them to the kids to go throw them. And if the Creek gets really low and a lot of fish are stranded and dying in the puddles, the kids collect those, too.
I used to have "pea time" every day. I don't anymore. So no, I don't think so.

Oh man. The chicken feed thread is currently....
وانابعافر-hole.gif

Back
Top Bottom