What do you feed your ducks?

I'm not helping. Tee hee.
😈
iac GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

I feed dumor (purina) all flock and mix in 1/4 layer pellet to get a lower protein. If i get over towards Rural King I prefer their all flock and layer. I have 35 ducks and the Anconas slowed down for winter but are ramping back up right now, The welsh really slowed down but are also increasing now and the Saxony are giving me one egg that is not fertile. Saxony aren't great egg layers and I am just starting with this breed. The chicken controversy is really something. I am feeding purina as are may of you, and it would be weird for this conspiracy to be just in the chicken food but whatever. My ducks are great on the dumor food and I switch back and forth depending on what store I am near. I also sometimes use southern states game bird pellet. I try to stay around 18% percent protein so any feed over that gets mixed with layer. As a treat I grow horse oats up to a 5-6" fresh greens.

I keep track of eggs on a flock app on my phone. It was mind boggling how much that helped me realize it wasn't the feed. We got that crazy winter storm right before Christmas with -40s windchill and all that garbage. I put tarps upall over my coop/run so they had basically ZERO daylight in the coop. Within about 24-36 hours of being stuck inside to keep them safe from the horrible temps, egg production PLUMMETTED. Because... NO DAYLIGHT. Then stayed low for about a month. Just this past week I saw egg production increase again. Because... more daylight. I commented this story on one of the chicken feed threads... it didn't gain much traction.

Back
Top Bottom