What do you feed your layers?

Mic drop. 🔥🔥🔥
I realize your ego doesnt need any boost. Your good like that. 🤣 i value your ability to deliver information that you spent time researching and gathering and offering to us without a bunch of emotion attached. Its refreshing is all. And, as long as you are sharing your knowledge U-Storm, i will continue to be thankful for you. You helped me a lot in my first year and for that, your ego is gonna get super inflated when I'm around. Thank you Storm.

I realize your ego doesnt need any boost. Your good like that. 🤣 i value your ability to deliver information that you spent time researching and gathering and offering to us without a bunch of emotion attached. Its refreshing is all. And, as long as you are sharing your knowledge U-Storm, i will continue to be thankful for you. You helped me a lot in my first year and for that, your ego is gonna get super inflated when I'm around. Thank you Storm.
Chipmunk Chics, 😂 thats funny!

I feed Kalmbach's Non-GMO feed.

Most of the year I feed a blend of there 17% Non-GMO layer and there 28% Non-GMO start right turkey and gamebird at the rate of 75% layer to 25% gamebird.
That mix will get me a little over 19% feed.
In the winter months, I bump the gamebird some to increase the protein putting my feed a little over 20%.

I also offer a calcium supplement on the side.

Last edited:
I feed Kalmbach's Non-GMO feed.

Most of the year I feed a blend of there 17% Non-GMO layer and there 28% Non-GMO start right turkey and gamebird at the rate of 25% layer to 75% gamebird.
That mix will get me a little over 19% feed.
In the winter months, I bump the gamebird some to increase the protein putting my feed a little over 20%.

I also offer a calcium supplement on the side.
2 parts layer to one-part gamebird would give you a 20.67%

A very easy way to figure out percentage is to add your equal components. 17+17+28=62 then divide by # of components which is 3 equal parts so 62 divided by 3 = 20.67

Last edited:
Ok my girls are only 16 weeks old so I still have them on start/grow. I’m picking up a bag of Nutrena tomorrow, but I’m seeing a lot of ppl say they use all flock or flock raiser instead of layer mix. Can someone please explain the differences and pros and cons? Feed store I’m going to is 40mins away so I want to know what to get ahead of time. They carry all versions of Nutrena plus a couple other brands.

Back
Top Bottom