What do you feed your layers?

Mic drop. šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„
I realize your ego doesnt need any boost. Your good like that. šŸ¤£ i value your ability to deliver information that you spent time researching and gathering and offering to us without a bunch of emotion attached. Its refreshing is all. And, as long as you are sharing your knowledge U-Storm, i will continue to be thankful for you. You helped me a lot in my first year and for that, your ego is gonna get super inflated when I'm around. Thank you Storm.

I realize your ego doesnt need any boost. Your good like that. šŸ¤£ i value your ability to deliver information that you spent time researching and gathering and offering to us without a bunch of emotion attached. Its refreshing is all. And, as long as you are sharing your knowledge U-Storm, i will continue to be thankful for you. You helped me a lot in my first year and for that, your ego is gonna get super inflated when I'm around. Thank you Storm.
Chipmunk Chics, šŸ˜‚ thats funny!

I feed Kalmbach's Non-GMO feed.

Most of the year I feed a blend of there 17% Non-GMO layer and there 28% Non-GMO start right turkey and gamebird at the rate of 75% layer to 25% gamebird.
That mix will get me a little over 19% feed.
In the winter months, I bump the gamebird some to increase the protein putting my feed a little over 20%.

I also offer a calcium supplement on the side.

Last edited:
I feed Kalmbach's Non-GMO feed.

Most of the year I feed a blend of there 17% Non-GMO layer and there 28% Non-GMO start right turkey and gamebird at the rate of 25% layer to 75% gamebird.
That mix will get me a little over 19% feed.
In the winter months, I bump the gamebird some to increase the protein putting my feed a little over 20%.

I also offer a calcium supplement on the side.
2 parts layer to one-part gamebird would give you a 20.67%

A very easy way to figure out percentage is to add your equal components. 17+17+28=62 then divide by # of components which is 3 equal parts so 62 divided by 3 = 20.67

Last edited:
Ok my girls are only 16 weeks old so I still have them on start/grow. Iā€™m picking up a bag of Nutrena tomorrow, but Iā€™m seeing a lot of ppl say they use all flock or flock raiser instead of layer mix. Can someone please explain the differences and pros and cons? Feed store Iā€™m going to is 40mins away so I want to know what to get ahead of time. They carry all versions of Nutrena plus a couple other brands.

Back
Top Bottom