What do you grow to feed the chickens??

I have a 25' x 65' vegetable garden and give all my extra veggies to my chickens. I specifically grow kolarabi, squashes, and pumpkin to store over the winter to hand out each week. This fall I collected as many of the apples and pears that fell from my trees for them also. When they aren't frozen they give off a wonderful apple cider smell into building. And finally, I collect my grass clippings for them.

I have a 25' x 65' vegetable garden and give all my extra veggies to my chickens. I specifically grow kolarabi, squashes, and pumpkin to store over the winter to hand out each week. This fall I collected as many of the apples and pears that fell from my trees for them also. When they aren't frozen they give off a wonderful apple cider smell into building. And finally, I collect my grass clippings for them.
love the paint job on the coop!! ( in your avatar)

How do you store the fruit and pumpkins until feeding? What varieties do you grow for pears and apples?

Rape just might be a local slang of rapeseed. My kids eat sorghum instead of popcorn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom