What do you grow to feed the chickens??

Red mangel beets. They grow huge. I found out about this from Laura Ingalls Wilder. The chickens will not eat these during the summer, but during the winter they will gobble them up. It helps beat the winter blues.

Yinepu - I had a good chuckle when I read your signature "I don't have poultry.... I have mini feathered velociraptors" Just the other day I was telling someone that my rooster makes a sound like a velociraptor and that's probably because chickens evolved from them. lol

I also grow fresh peas and during the winter I use frozen peas. They absolutely love them. We also ordered meal worms to raise and feed them. Very easy and much cheaper than buying the dried ones at store. If you want info on how we do the meal worms just message me. I think we started with 1000 and now have four tubs of them. They eat bran which you buy at the coop or TSC and fresh apples.

Yinepu - I had a good chuckle when I read your signature "I don't have poultry.... I have mini feathered velociraptors"  Just the other day I was telling someone that my rooster makes a sound like a velociraptor and that's probably because chickens evolved from them.  lol

She also has six foot tall birds....lol

HerbGirl, I must be more tired than I though. .. milo I get. Silo, bunker or stack??? But what does silo have to do with milo????? LOL

Milo/silo was on the seed packet...idk...we picked it up from a oooolllllddddd fellow at a ooolllddd feed store...

Lol. Probably milo. Old guy. Old feed store....i would visit often.

Back
Top Bottom