What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by honeyb711, Jul 21, 2016.

1. honeyb711

honeyb711 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2016
    QLD Australia
    Ok so since we now know that at least one of the three chicks we got is not the breed it was said to be. I am wondering if at least one of the others is also incorrect.

First, our 'light sussex'...which is most likely actually a red sex link...& a roo [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the Lohmons chick. After extensive picture searching, i am as confident as a newbie can be that this one is correct...& a pullet [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, our 'Black Australorp'...as above ive searched all pics i could find, i found no chicks of this breed hatched entirely black though? Ours was hatched at my daughters kindy & was, & still is pretty much solid black?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Above pics are all recent, they are 5wks old. Below is a pic of all 3 at about 2wks old (when we bought them home)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. jpalmatier83

jpalmatier83 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2016
    Traverse City, MI
    So, my RSL, which I was also told is an ISA Brown, at a week.

[​IMG]

Looks similar to one of your chicks. You can't see it but mines wing feathers are whit too. Her again at like 4 weeks.

[​IMG]

No where near your first pick. I don't think the first one is an RSL.

3. honeyb711

honeyb711 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2016
    QLD Australia

Im not sure what you mean? The chick in pic 1 & 2 was the yellow of the 3 hatched. The one that looks similar to yours as a chick is the one in pictures 3 & 4 now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  4. jpalmatier83

jpalmatier83 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2016
    Traverse City, MI
    Ah. My RSL looked very similar to your lohmons at 1 week. I thought that was the chick you were referring to in pic 1. Obviously there was a bit of a divergence. :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by