What do you guys think?

honeyb711

Songster
7 Years
Jun 30, 2016
QLD Australia
Ok so since we now know that at least one of the three chicks we got is not the breed it was said to be. I am wondering if at least one of the others is also incorrect.

First, our 'light sussex'...which is most likely actually a red sex link...& a roo
1f62b.png

Now the Lohmons chick. After extensive picture searching, i am as confident as a newbie can be that this one is correct...& a pullet
1f414.png

Lastly, our 'Black Australorp'...as above ive searched all pics i could find, i found no chicks of this breed hatched entirely black though? Ours was hatched at my daughters kindy & was, & still is pretty much solid black?

Above pics are all recent, they are 5wks old. Below is a pic of all 3 at about 2wks old (when we bought them home)

Last edited:
So, my RSL, which I was also told is an ISA Brown, at a week.

Looks similar to one of your chicks. You can't see it but mines wing feathers are whit too. Her again at like 4 weeks.

No where near your first pick. I don't think the first one is an RSL.

So, my RSL, which I was also told is an ISA Brown, at a week.

Looks similar to one of your chicks. You can't see it but mines wing feathers are whit too. Her again at like 4 weeks.

No where near your first pick. I don't think the first one is an RSL.

Im not sure what you mean? The chick in pic 1 & 2 was the yellow of the 3 hatched. The one that looks similar to yours as a chick is the one in pictures 3 & 4 now.

Last edited:
Ah. My RSL looked very similar to your lohmons at 1 week. I thought that was the chick you were referring to in pic 1. Obviously there was a bit of a divergence. :)

Back
Top Bottom