What do you hate about where you live

Quote:
Yep, I do! On cars of people who live half year residence here and refuse to pay their fair share, but want to change everything to be like the paved Yankee havens they came from-no offence to you Northerners, of course. Some of my fav people live WAY up there. And you know who you are. Funny thing is, I can spot the men a mile away. They all wear madras shorts and sandals with crew socks. EEEEWWWW!

You know, I don't think its the people from other states moving to your own, it's the people from other states moving to your state, and trying to duplicate where they came from. If you move to my area, try to blend in, appreciate the cow pastures, and how green it is here, don't mess up my area with fenced in developments where the houses all look the same, and they had to burn down a chunk of forest to make way for a golf course.

As a general rule...I don't like Wyoming. It's either cold or hot, and the wind is ALWAYS blowing 90 miles an hour!!

You know, I don't think its the people from other states moving to your own, it's the people from other states moving to your state, and trying to duplicate where they came from. If you move to my area, try to blend in, appreciate the cow pastures, and how green it is here, don't mess up my area with fenced in developments where the houses all look the same, and they had to burn down a chunk of forest to make way for a golf course.

So true, Karen! But, if they live here half the year, not just vacation in a vacation home, they should pay half year taxes if they expect to have any say in anything. But they don't. They keep their Florida residence and actually live here, sell real estate here, for goodness sake, then want to pave all my roads so their expensive cars don't get dinged. If they love it here enough to buy property, why change it to where you came from? That just ruins it for the ones who really appreciate it.​

Quote:
We used to live in Coeur d'Alene and my dad had a sweatshirt that said, "Coeur d'Alene has two seasons: Winter and August."
lol.png
I learned how to ride my bike in the basement... I'm still bitter about that!

Anyway... I really like where I live, but I HATE the traffic and the illegal immigrants or even the legal ones who EXPECT you to speak Spanish. They just seem so offended that you don't speak Spanish when THEY are the ones who should be speaking English.
barnie.gif
Don't even get me started on my soap box!

I really like living here, except for the extreme cold and windy parts of the winter season. It is a real cause for cabin fever, as well as the weight gain from lack of activity.

bigzio

When I was very little we lived in Maine. We had movie slides of me and my siblings sitting on top of or swingset, we just walked up the pile of snow! It was common for us to only be able to get out of our second story windows and step right out onto the snow bank! I miss that, We don't get a lot of snow here. We got six inches last sunday. That's as much as we usually get at one time.

I love most everything about our area. I don't like the city folk that rush up here when we get 1" of snow. The news trucks are all over saying that ther is lots of snow. The city folk come up here, they throw their trash all over the side of the roads, leave their sleds on the sides of the hills. They drive onto private property to find snow. On the mtn. behind our house we can't drive up there when it snows because the few times we have we have incountered city folk, parked in the middle of the road playing in the snow!! Having snowball fights across the road. Having their kids sledding down the hill ONTO the road!!! What ignorant idiots!!

We are getting a few more mexicans here, but they don't seem to be illegal. They speak english and seem to be trying to teach their kids right. Most seem to have moved here to keep their kids from getting involved with gangs as they get older. Our schools don't even have to print things in spanish, you have to have 15% of kids speaking spanish before you have to print things in spanish.

I also hate cig. butts thrown from cars. The highway that is near us, is a favorite for arsonists, especially when we have santa ana winds. Last summer in one day while DH was driving home, there were SEVEN fires on either side of the road, some intentionally set, others from cig. butts! He carries a fire extinguisher in his car so that he can pull over and put it out before it spreads.

I don't like the laws in CA. it is the "no fun state" anything that is fun, you can't do or own in CA. Sorry paganfish, but we are some of those conservatives, there are a lot of conservatives in CA, but the main populations are in SF and LA which are very liberal and also a lot of people on welfare and dare I say illegals.

We also like to be reclusive, it keeps us out of trouble, we have a tendency to speak our minds and it tends to get us into trouble sometimes. We do much better away from groups of people. Our dream place to live would be if we could find 100-500 acres(that we could afford) somewhere outside of CA. Preferably around mtns. We would have no roads coming onto our property, a helopad or small airstrip, our 4WD vehicles, and our house and HUGE garage and HUGE barn right in the middle. If we didn't want to have contact with people we wouldn't have to.

Monica

Last edited:
Prices of everything. It's expensive here like most people wouldn't believe. Housing here is about four times more than it is in the South.

On the plus side, people who sell their houses here when they retire can afford a nice life in rural parts.

* The bitter cold parts of winter...which is maybe about 2 weeks all total, so not too bad.

* The stupid and senseless gang violence. Yes, that really WAS gun shots I heard one night at about 11 PM.
Four bullet holes through the front window of a house just just a few hundred feet away from me.

* The rush hour traffic...and afternoon rush hour starting at 2:30 PM and ending at 7:30 PM. [Luckily, I take public transit 95% of the time and drive very rarely so it doesn't affect me too much, but just walking across the street during these times is scary. Drivers are sooo ticked off by it all that you, as a pedestrian, are just another obstacle in their way!]

- "Nu Labour" and Gordon Brown (the prime minister). Idiots, the lot of them. Especially for being Bush's new poodle.

- Our next door neighbours that have their nose permanently in the air. They used to be quite nice, but then I got chickens, and then I got into metal, and they haven't much liked us since. Their cat leaves prey and crap in our lawn, and their dog barks day and night.

- Winter. You guys get snow. We had some yesterday (for the first time in years) but it didn't settle. Despite that, it caused absolute chaos on the trains and roads. Normally, we just get rain, rain, rain - soo boring.

- The public transport. Or lack thereof. The local bus company charges extortionate amounts so that we can travel on dirty buses with Polish drivers who can't understand simple requests like "child return to Bedminster please". The buses are usually either late or they don't turn up. In December, I stood at the bus stop for 40 minutes in the cold and wind before the bus chose to turn up. One other man stood there for 50 minutes. When we got inside, even upstairs, you could see your breath, it was that cold. And there is no other bus company, and sod all by way of local rail service.

- There is nothing, and I mean nothing to do in my village unless you are of retirement age, and then you can join the Women's Institute. The sole form of entertainment for teenagers is petty crime and getting drunk. And the government wonders why kids either do that or stay inside (and get fat).

- The attitude (not just around here, it's all over the country) that every teenager is up to no good. I have had old ladies cross the road to avoid me, and I don't even look threatening!

Britain as a whole is good, it's just certain things that can really hack you off.

Too close to the big city.

We are becoming an extension of Atlanta, more traffic every day.

School system sucks, my kids have learned way more world history from me than what they've been taught in schools.

Back
Top Bottom