What do you have in your flock?

This is my bantam araucana who is the friendliest little thing ever. Love her :)
and then there is this sassy fluffy rooster who obviously has never seen his reflection because he thinks he is one tough dude ;)

I have.....

10 EE's

1 Australorp
2 BSL
6 Buff Orpingtons

1 Barred Rock

4 RIR
2 Production reds (cinna queens?)
1 Gold laced wyandotte
1 Columbian Plymouth Rock

2 Blue Ameracauna

2 Chocolate Orpingtons

1 Light Brahma
2 Olive Eggers
2 Black copper maran
1 Blue Copper maran
2 Turken

1 Choc Barr mix (looks like barred rock cept choc not black/white)
1 Wyandotte mix (blue)

1 Wyandotte Mix
Roo (BlueGene)

I also have 34 ducklings= 10 mixed (grey runner, saxony, pekin), 15 ancona, 9 muscovy. 4 rabbits= 1 Flemish Giant, 1 mini rex, 1 English Spot, 1 mix. Mini pig, 2 cats, 5 dogs

Last edited:
I have a big rainbow:

5 Easter Eggers
1 Speckled Sussex
1 Black Austrolorp
1 Light Brahma
1 Buff Orpington
1 Silver Laced Polish
1 Golden Laced Wyandotte
3 Bantam Easter Eggers
2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
1 White Crested Black Polish
1 Blue Splash Maran
1 Welsummer
1 Buckeye
1 Barnvelder
1 Salmon Faverolle
1 White Leghorn
1 Blue Cochin
1 Partridge Cochin
1 Cream Legbar
1 Silver Grey Dorking
1 bantam Old English Game (not sure color yet)
1 bantam Blue Quail Belgian D'Anver
1 Self blue Belgian D'Anver
1 bantam White Laced Red Cornish
1 bantam Spangled Old English
1 bantam Black Old English Game
1 Buff Brahma
1 Olive Egger

Our original flock was, and still is, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Easter Eggers
We then added a Black Australorp rooster, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Red Sex Links
And then the chicken craze set in further
love.gif
and we got a few Silkies, a Sultan, a Bantam Cochin roo and more Easter Eggers!
Too many chickens you say? There's never enough!
old.gif

Our original flock was, and still is, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Easter Eggers
We then added a Black Australorp rooster, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Red Sex Links
And then the chicken craze set in further :love  and we got a few Silkies, a Sultan, a Bantam Cochin roo and more Easter Eggers!
Too many chickens you say? There's never enough! :old

Agreed! We started off with 2 RIR last year for our daughters Easter surprise. Then the following week picked up 2 EE's. This February we were given a sick RIR who healed beautifully. Of course she needed a friend so we picked up a lonely 2 week old leghorn that was in with the 3 day olds...AND 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Cuckoo Marans and a white Japanese Bantam for good measure. :) They are such beautiful, loyal, loving, charismatic creatures. It's no wonder we all end up with so many :)

Crested Cream Legbar, Welsummer, Birchen Marans, Black Giant , Black and blue Copper Marans, BBS English Orpingtons, LF and bantam BLRW, Frost White legbars, Whiting True Blues (new this year), Belgian Malines, Ancona, Auburn Sumatra, Black Dorking, Black leghorn, Crevecoeur, White Cubalaya, White Chantecler, Blue Andalusian, Icelandic, Rhode Island Red, Silverudd's Blue, Rhodebar, Jaerhon ,Tolbunt Polish, Black Bresse, bantam Ameracauna. I have one or two of some and a dozen or more of the others. Trying to figure out which I like best, and growing out breeding stock.

Oh, and 15 of McMurrays Cornish roasters...... for a few more weeks, anyway.

Sounds like you don't just have a flock, you have an addiction.

I saw your pic of your brahmas (NICE pic btw) in the integrating flock thread and fell in LOVE :love. Oh dear. And lap chickens, that makes it worse. :hmm

Maybe we need a thread about what chickens would you LIKE to have! lol. Somebody stop me.
Thanks! :D those three were BEST friends. I almost never saw one of them alone. Now Peaches is the only one left. :hit Cooties died of EYP, and we had to cull Platypus in the Evil Marek's outbreak. :hit :hit Peachy hangs out with the Cochin banty now, since they were raised under the same broody.

I always seem to turn very serious threads into chatting threads..... :rolleyes: :lol:
I think there is one of those somewhere.... I might have seen a thread for that very purpose awhile back.

I have:
Chickens
Rhode Island reds
Barred Rocks
Black sex links
Australorps
Buff Orpingtons
Asian Blues (I think that's what they are. It was something Blue, LOL)
Easter Eggers
Olive eggers
White Leghorn
Black Penedesenca
Cornish Cross ( meat birds)
Speckled Sussex
Golden Comets
Cuckoo Marans
And some barnyard mixes
Turkeys
Bronze turkeys
White broad breasted turkeys