2 silver laced wyandottes
1 amber link
1 Easter egger
2 silkies(blue & white)

I would like to have in the future
Show quality fluffy silkie
Blue Laced Red Wyandottes for their gorgeousness
Marans for chocolate eggs
more Easter eggers(fun to guess how their feather turn out)
Silkie feathered EEs (from my silkie x EEs project)
olive eggers(from my maran x EEs cross project)

I don't have enough space/money/time to do it all....
Don't tell me there is more gorgeous birds out there that I don't know about!

My flock is mixed:
4 Ameracaunas (2 look like EE though)
3 Gold Sex Link
3 Dominique
2 Polish Roos (1 is blue w/white crest)
2 Turkens (1 red & 1 black)
1 Buff Orp
1 Calif White
1 Bantam Spec Sussex
1 Bantam Cochin Roo (black and white)

Next year will be Jersey Giants and more Turkens! I love people's reaction to the Turkens. All of mine are sweet, we have handled them a lot to make sure.

1 white cochin
1 black cochin
1 buff cochin
1 australorp
4 buff orpingtons
8 easter egger
1 lavender americauna
2 blue orpington
2 mutts
2 black sex link

We've only just started, but so far, things have been good, they're all about 3 weeks old right now, so still in the brooder, plus, I'm not sure on all their breeds just yet, though I *THINK* I know what most of them are.

6 Light Brahmas
1 Dark Brahma
6 Partridge Plymouth Rocks
7 Cornish Rock X's (was supposed to be 10, but seems like the hatchery was short or something, so we only wound up with 7 of them)
1 Red Ranger (initially thought this was one of the egg layers, but then it started growing almost as fast as the cornish x's so figured it had to be part of the meat batch)
1 Black Astralorp (well, this is an assumption actually, I thought she was a sex link at first, but so far, i'm not seeing any of the reddish/golden feathers on the back of her neck showing up yet)
2 Easter Eggers (again, assumption, they were part of a "meat/egg combo from a hatchery, so what you get for the "egg" part of the combo, is entirely their choice...after looking more the other option is that they might be Welsummers,
hu.gif
guess I'll find out for sure when they're old enough to lay eggs!)
1 Light Sussex (this again, assumption, when we first got them, she was just a little yellow puff ball, and we thought it was one of the meaties, however she did not grow nearly so fast, and then as her feathers started coming in, she's got black in her tail feathers, and little black flecks of feathers on the back of her neck, so I'm thinking light sussex.)
2 Blue Andalusians (again, assumption here, but after looking through the hatchery site, they only offer a few blue chicks, Andalusians and Cochins, since these clearly are not Cochins I assume, blue andalusian.)

They certainly make for a very colorful brooder currently!

I have:

3 Marans ( a Splash, a Black Copper, a Lavender)
2 Rhode Island Reds
2 Ameraucanas ( a Buff/Lavender mix, and a brown and black)
1 Buff Orpington
1 Australop
1 Silver Laced Wyndotte
1 Light Brahma

A rainbow of color and personalities.....I love it. :D;)

Last edited:
I have
2 Pekin bantams
1 light Sussex
1 Light x buff Sussex
1 barnevelder
1 leghorn
3 isa browns

I am already over the council limit but I still want some aus standard araucana and orpingtons. Well I would like lots of breeds but I don't have that much space

We decided to start a mixed flock early this spring after moving to the top of a mountain in Western North Carolina from the West Palm Beach area in South Florida. I built a coop/run using only recycled material I found around our cabin. We purchased 6 chicks from the local feed store.

Buff Orpington
Speckled Sussex
Easter Egger
Rhode Island Red
Golden-Laced Wyandotte

They are 12 weeks old now. They love to rang our property so this week I decided to add a rooster to help protect the girls from any predators. We found a free mixed bred bantam rooster on craigslist and added him. What an amazing bird. He is a 18 weeks old Blue Old English/Black Tailed Japanese and has the most amazing personality. So far he has fit in very well with the girls, taken on the role perfectly, even saw him run off a large rabbit last night that was grazing near his ladies.

Excited for the first egg in the next few months. Even thinking of hatching some eggs early next spring. Anyone know about breeding him with any of these hens? Would there be any issues?

Back
Top Bottom