What do you keep Quail for??

mychookschick

Songster
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
Maine
Hello,

I have noticed that a lot of people keep Quail... What are they for? Eggs? Pest control? Meat?
barnie.gif
I don't know! I have spent a lot of time trying to figure it out! Thanks for all the help!

A Never Ending Supply Of Cat Toyz
smile.png

Seriously Tho, They Are Kept For Many Reasons... Eggs, Meat, Or Just Eye Candy Of 1 Sort Or Another, All Depends On The Keeper I Suppose?

Why? Because I have too many and I am stuck with them LOL

I have quail because they are interesting to study, manipulate the colors, breed, test out the colors, and the eggs are yummy. But also I breed some for color, some for size (jumbos), some for pets (button quail), I have some hobby quail (African Harlequin, valley quail, bobwhite), they are just COOL :p

Quote:
Now Randall, Be'in a proper southern boy, you know you must have yeast rolls with any meal that includes mashed tators and gravy.... A big ol roll is all that keeps the gravy off your thumb...
big_smile.png

I know its taboo to say "must", but there has to be exceptions to any rule...right is right.

ETA, darn that A.D.D....

Last edited:
Quote:
Now Randall, Be'in a proper southern boy, you know you must have yeast rolls with any meal that includes mashed tators and gravy.... A big ol roll is all that keeps the gravy off your thumb...
big_smile.png

I know its taboo to say "must", but there has to be exceptions to any rule...right is right.

Now you are makin me want to go wipe out the bachelor pen...
smile.png

But I keep them for meat, eggs, enjoyment, and I make a little profit off of them.

Quote:
big_smile.png

ETA, darn that A.D.D....

Cathead Biscuits, my friend..........Cathead Biscuits
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom