what do you LIKE about Christmas?

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I like giving presents and Christmas gives me a reason without the recipient thinking I've lost my mind. Sometimes there are folks I like but arne't real close to and I just want them to know someone is thinking of them. So I've run out of stamps. Used 100 so far.

We all get busy so it' gives me a chance to take the time and send out a card that says "Hey I'm thinking of you". "You are important to me". Good thing I don't have everyone here's address or I'd have to take out a loan.
lol.png

I like the lights and yes presents.

My favorite song is "Mary did you know", though I'm not sure that's the exact title.

I like that I can talk about Jesus Christ and folks don't think it's weird. Not that I don't talk about Him at other times of the year. Some folks don't know what His birth was all about.

I like to wrap presents too.

I like Poinsettas and Christmas cactuses.

I like egg nog but not the loaded kind and I like it on the not so strong side. Diluted with a little extra milk.

I love when DW makes cookies and boy is she good. She makes these cream cheese press cookies and everyone loves them. You just eat them like pop corn. She also makes Blintzes and folks like those but I don't. I like when everyone says to her "Sis Betsy you are such a good cook". Cuz I remember I made a good choice in a wife.

And there are a bunch of movies I like too.

Last edited:
''Cuz I remember I made a good choice in a wife.''

That's what I like best about Christmas! People remembering what's precious. it's not the cards and gifts, it the gratitude we have for those we have.

Enjoy your cookies...and if she doesn't mind, could you share her recipe so I can 'wow' my DH and DS?
I love it when I make something and all you can hear is , "mmmm"

I like the peace of the day. I aim for as quiet and serene Christmas as possible. DH is working this year, so it will be just me and the animals. I'm going to be lazy.

Last edited:
DW is polish too.

On Christmas eve we would go to her Aunt and Unlces' who raised her and have a polish dinner or so I think. We'd have fried fish, potatoes and kapuusta. We'd break bread passing from the oldest to the youngest and bless each person at the table. Then the next oldest would do the same and so on down to the youngest. It was a nice tradition we've tried to maintain but DW isn't as sentimental as I am. Oh almost forgot the perogi. DW does make those too.

Last edited:
Giving gifts to my wife and children, most of the seasonal music, the colder weather and having my mom come down and make a whole bunch of different cookies, just like when we where little.

Cookies
Fruitcake (yes, I'm serious)
All the other baked goodies!

Christmas trees decorated in a hodge podge manner - I like the ones with people's collections of mismatched ornaments

Giving presents to my son!

My favorite part is the anticipation. We have an advent calender my son does each day. The twelve days before Christmas we each get to open a small gift from my mom - she does it for each child and grandchild. The gift giving is great. I love to give gifts to those who aren't really on my list and aren't expecting it and I don't expect a return gift. Christmas itself tends not to be peaceful with family expectations. My husband works for the road commission and when there is a storm on Christmas and he has to work I do not go anywhere and then it is peaceful!

Back
Top Bottom