What do you prefer and why, Crochet vs knitting?

I need to make some kitchen wash rags but don't know if knit or crochet would be suitable. I don't think I can take alot of twisting on my wrists.

I think you could do either one and it would look great. I think it's easier to keep your wrists straight with knitting, though. More of the movement is with your shoulders and fingers while knitting, rather than your wrists. When I crochet, I twist with my hand when I'm inserting the hook into a loop and pulling it back out. I don't know if there's a way to reduce that movement.

One great thing when knitting those, is that you can alternate whether you do a knit stitch or a purl stitch in certain places, to make a pattern or picture. That might be a lot of fun for you, instead of making something plain. You could do a plain one first, to get the hang of it. When you felt more adventurous, you could try something with a little pattern. Even very simple to knit patterns can be nice.

i'm a knitter...

crochet is fun, but i like a challenge... plus, i have done some amazing stuff after getting some tips online... all of the knitting/crochet ladies in my area hate on me... they've been doing it for years, and i only have about 5 years knitting... i just can't make many local knitting friends... i'm a very masculine gay man and they trip out and say i'm intimidating with the tattoo's and facial piercings... LOL...

If I lived there, I would sit and knit with you. I prefer a more diverse group to knit with. It makes the conversations more interesting.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom