What do you think about Kalmbach feeds for ducks?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys, I've been feeding Purina for a while now, but have recently wanted to switch back to organic feed. We were originally on Organic feed, but switched because of a protein deficiency.
I recently stumbled upon Kalmbach feeds. I would switch to the Organic starter/grower, but I want the ducks to have their niacin requirements met, I think I'm going to switch to the All natural Non-GMO Flock maker. It has ducks, geese and other fowl on the label, but I'm wondering if you guys think that is will actually work for ducks? Will the crumble work for adult ducks, or should I get the pellets instead? The pellets aren't Non-GMO, so I would rather use crumble if that is okay. Tell me what you think!
Any other Organic, All natural, or Non-GMO feeds that work for ducks are welcome too! Thanks!
Link- https://www.kalmbachfeeds.com/products/20-flock-maker-non-gmo-crumble

I haven't used that food, so I'm not sure how it works. The link you posted does specify that the food is for meat type birds, more than once, so that makes me wonder about how well your ducks might do on it looking term. But I'm just speculating.

I have found that my ducks are significantly less messy and less wasteful with pelleted food compared to crumble.

I haven't used that food, so I'm not sure how it works. The link you posted does specify that the food is for meat type birds, more than once, so that makes me wonder about how well your ducks might do on it looking term. But I'm just speculating.

I have found that my ducks are significantly less messy and less wasteful with pelleted food compared to crumble.
Ya, I was wondering the same thing about the crumble, I do have a Grandpas feeder, (treble feeder) for my chickens, but a normal feeder for my ducks, I'll have to see who it goes.
I looked on Chewy, and the exact words were "Complete crumble feed for starting and growing ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys and gamebirds up to laying age—ideal for mixed flocks." This was in the key benefits section.
I just ordered it, so I'll tell you how it looks when it arrives. Heres the link- https://www.chewy.com/kalmbach-feeds-all-natural-non-gmo-20/dp/244682

Ya, I was wondering the same thing about the crumble, I do have a Grandpas feeder, (treble feeder) for my chickens, but a normal feeder for my ducks, I'll have to see who it goes.
I looked on Chewy, and the exact words were "Complete crumble feed for starting and growing ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys and gamebirds up to laying age—ideal for mixed flocks." This was in the key benefits section.
I just ordered it, so I'll tell you how it looks when it arrives. Heres the link- https://www.chewy.com/kalmbach-feeds-all-natural-non-gmo-20/dp/244682
Oh, is this for your new ducks only?

No, I was planning on giving it to the whole adult flock with OS on the side. Is that alright? I've been ginning Purina flock raiser to the adults with no problems, so I assumed this was okay.
Well, no problems that you know of, right? Just because we can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there. Maybe if we did a plethora of diagnostic testing a veterinarian could find something and say it was diet related. Or not. I'm unaware of what the consequences of feeding a grower feed to adults are.

Well, no problems that you know of, right? Just because we can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there. Maybe if we did a plethora of diagnostic testing a veterinarian could find something and say it was diet related. Or not. I'm unaware of what the consequences of feeding a grower feed to adults are.
Yes, your exactly right, nothing that I know of. I'm pretty sure someone on here said it was okay, but I could totally be wrong.

Yes, your exactly right, nothing that I know of. I'm pretty sure someone on here said it was okay, but I could totally be wrong.
Obviously it is completely your call what to feed them, I'm just curious why you want to feed a grower instead of a maintenance?

Obviously it is completely your call what to feed them, I'm just curious why you want to feed a grower instead of a maintenance?
Well, all of the maintenance or adult feeds only have 18% protein. I feed veggie scraps and ends, and my hens have had a protein deficiency before because of the veggies diluting the protein. I don't have a compost pile, and would way rather give that to the chickens then throw it away. So, I have opted for a flock raiser since it has 20% protein. Most layer pellets only have 18% I have found. Same with this brand.

Back
Top Bottom