What do you think about my new bantam pens?

mb poultry

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 10, 2012
Southwest Virginia
i bought two pairs of bantam cochins last weekend, a mottled pair, and a blue pair. I needed a new pen for them, so today my DH took $45 and went to lowes. Five hours later, I had this new pen! He already had the wire, but the rest he bought. What do you guys think? I love it! It was 16 degrees here when he started this morning!

You're DH is a nice Guy. But you do know that this will be your Valentine's gift
clap.gif

Very nice, good job for $45.00.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, and 16 degrees... That's dedication.
Are these breeding pens? If so, how long do you keep them in there? Do they require a private run, if so do you rotate the pairs every other day?
Sorry for all the questions.. I'm still building my main coop and am trying to plan ahead for breeding pens.. just not sure of the whole process yet.

Thank you

Last edited:
Yes they will be used as breeding pens. Each pen is 24x32 and houses two bantams easily. when the weather clears the whole thing sets on a frame enclosed with wire, and the chickens are rotated and allowed to run underneath one pair at a time.The dividers can also be removed to make larger pens if needed.

Back
Top Bottom