What do you think about Omlet coops?

I’m potentially getting a Go Up for $60 when the current owner builds a new coop when the weather allows and am thinking it would be ok for a few Silkies. The ventilation is something I’m interested in because I have never seen one in real life. It seems like it would be an oven in summer? But maybe I don’t understand the concept

I'd say they're okay. I've been using an Eglu Go one for about a couple months now. It looked super good when we first got it but now.. ehh.
I did have to clean it once with baking soda because the plastic got really dirty (water wouldn't wash off the stain).
Also, my hens always kick the bedding out of the "nesting box" and end up just laying their eggs in the poop (they don't even lay inside the coop though, so we had to make them an extra two nesting boxes outside). It is NOT fun to wash 3 eggs covered in dried poop every day.
Also, the width of the "roosts" is too wide, so they often poop on the perch and it gets smeared everywhere with their feet, so when I open up the coop in the morning there is literally poop EVERYWHERE. They ended up scratching some of the plastic too... ehh.
It usually takes me around 15 minutes to clean it? The coop needs a clean every 2 days though. Mixed feelings.

Back
Top Bottom