what do you think about this?!

He is really sweet
smile.png
I've never seen him be mean except when he first met some chicks and the ducks. It lasted for about an hour until he got put in a time out LoL He never did it again and he wasn't that bad to begin with but I didn't want him to pick up a bad habit of being mean. I've seen 2 roos live together before and get along just fine. My neighbors have a standard roo and a banty roo and they get along great.

Hey! I just looked on your BYC page! (DuckGirl) You sound alot like me! I live on a farm to. And my parents have lots of animals! I am addicted to my chickens. Your right, chickens are more then just animals.....they are like my babies. I don't understand why people don't just fall head over heels in love with them. Oh well. Their loss!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I will be in 4H next year with my ducks! Super excited for that! And thank you! I really cant wait till the years over so I can order my chicks! Im super excited! And want them NOW lol! Thats how I was when I wanted my ducks! I waited three weeks! For them! I was ripping more and more hair out every day and waited! And it drove me NUTS. I love my ducks dearly though, and wouldnt give em up for any amount of money! But im super excited to get my new flock of chickies! But waiting gives me time to get my coop and run ready, and a brooder and everything!

Can you hatch mutt chickens and sell them? Will people want to buy them?

I must say my little Rocky is so sweet. The most affectionate and the most curious one. The one that runs to me when scared
lol2-1.gif
It's very funny when she is freaked out jumps in my lap and puts her head under my arm like it went away!!
Turkeyrunnig.gif

Thank you all so much
hugs.gif
you all helped me so much! I might get 5 silkies though. Lol. I want atleased 2hens...

You might have trouble with the larger breeds picking on the silkies, they are smaller, cannot fly and cannot see as well as others because of their crest.

That is awesome. I can hardly wait to get my rare blue, black and splash orpington's! I am SO excited I have already picked out names! I know what it is like to have anxiety!!!! So you have to wait a whole year for your babies? Or just till the end of this year? I have to wait untill jan. to get mine!
barnie.gif

I am just a little worried about joining 4H because they bring their chickens to the fair....and I don't want my precious babies to catch a disease or have anything happen to them. And I don't like them having to be trapped in a cage for 3 days. They free range and have lots of space to enjoy, so I think that would be hard for them.

Personally, I think it is easier to have hens. It is extremley scary when even the sweetest boys try to charge you! As long as they have a safe run and pen, and they are in at night, your good to go!

Quote:
I only need to wait till jan as well! Well, thats as long as im gonna wait
lol.png
since I buy all my own animals I get to pick when/where I get them. I want to get them for my Birthday, (my birthdays in feb) so I will get them late jan. Its only like $25 (i added it up) so I will have no problem getting them. I am going into 4H with the ducks, and.im worried that they will be unhappy there. So im slightly scared. But the chickens are for eggs/pets I have ALWAYS loved silkies, and buffs, and BR so I will just get a bunch
lol.png
I have this cute little set up in my mind of the chickens run/coop I wish I could take a pic and post it
lol.png
I planed on having the chicken coop/run right next to my duck pens, would that be ok? I wish it was warm enough to get them now...

Back
Top Bottom