1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what do you think he is? new pics page 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hdowden, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i got him at an auction this past weekend and for the love of me cant figure out what he could have in him. he does have very bad leg mites and had lice that have been treated the first day he came here and is getting treated again in a few more days. i was thinking part d'anvers but he is beardless and he does have white ear lobes, his legs are clean and are white/pink in color and this is his natural stance as well. i just can't think of anything besides a d'anvers mix that he could be any ideas?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  2. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

looks like he could have some seabright in him

3. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i thought maybe so to but the only things that really look sebright to me is his stance somewhat and his comb...i have thought maybe rosecombs as well...i don't think there are that many breeds with rose combs and his is a perfect rosecomb so i am guessing its 2 rosecomb breeds or just a beardless d'anvers and that's why they got rid of him...let me tell ya he is a crower lol hasn't let up any and does already seem a bit happier even though he is in confinement

4. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    could he be a mix colored rosecomb or is his wing carriage to low for that? also looks like he carries his tail to high as well for that breed again why i'm thinking he is mixed

5. elsfieldchickens

yes i think he might be roscome aswell

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the pic doesn't do him justice lol he looks way prettier in person

7. elsfieldchickens

he looks really pretty in the pic

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The way he holds his tail reminds me of my old Japanese bantam roo... loved that little guy!

9. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    yea but he has a perfect rosecomb

10. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    im gonna try and take some more pics here soon. he has adjusted nicely to his new home

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by