What do you think of my Call Ducks?

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
I just bought a pair of Butterscotch Calls and I was wanting some feedback on quality

SANY1861.jpg

This is my young drake '10 hatch

SANY1860.jpg

This is my hen '09 hatch

Feedback VERY welcomed!

I know nothing of quality, no expert here. But gosh darn they are adorable. I love the male. wow, cute. I really like the call ducks.

Quote:
Thanks I actually bought them for my mom she loves them! Their names are Jack and Mabel... I hope to start a nice flock with them. I show and breed Swedish ducks not Calls so this is a bit strange for me.

I can't offer any show critiques because I don't show/don't know much about showing, but I can say I think they're gorgeous! Butterscotch calls are my favorite, I have a pair myself and I kind of want to add a second pair.
love.gif
Good luck with your wonderful pair!

Quote:
Grays shouldn't have white feathers in their mains-I think it's just the light in the picture that makes the colors look similar to a gray.
Your butters look like they have nice short bills and necks and puffy little cheeks. The eyes look good.
As far as color, it's difficult to tell from your pictures, but they are really pretty little things!
I'd have bought them, too!

Quote:
I'm positive they are Butterscotch look on Feathersite or the Call Duck Breeders site to see examples. Greys look like mini Mallards.

I was thinking he looked like my pastel call.

Quote:
I'm positive they are Butterscotch look on Feathersite or the Call Duck Breeders site to see examples. Greys look like mini Mallards.

I was thinking he looked like my pastel call.

Pastel and Butter drakes look really similar I noticed that when I was at a show.

What should I look for in color?

Back
Top Bottom