What do you think of my pigeon mansion?

Diva Chick Mom

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2016
Newport, WA
I'm new on this site but I am excited to show people my pigeon mansion for my two White Utility King pigeons, Daisy and Henry. They have a 4 room apt (nesting boxes) and running boards as well as a dirt floor that has grass and little plants growing naturally. They have their food of course and a large watering tough with a perch. The "home" itself is a Hoop House made with cattle fence and lots of chicken wire and hardware clothe to keep out any predators. I used an old screen door for the entrance. What do you think?
IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

Very cool. Lots of room for them to hatch lots of babies. Have fun with it!

Looks great!
But I'm not seeing hardware cloth.
Chicken wire doesn't keep predators out.

I agree. There are enough predators that could get through chicken wire. I would over lap the bottom 3-4 feet of the loft with hardware cloth of some sort, such as the 1/2"x1/2" or 1"x1/2", usually comes in rolls either 3' or 4' in height. 3' would probably be fine, but I'd do 4' just for safe keepings, doesn't cost much more and the extra labor to put it on is negligible or arguably nothing extra at all.

Looks great!
But I'm not seeing hardware cloth.
Chicken wire doesn't keep predators out.

I have 3 layers of the chicken wire and the back side has the hardware clothe. I am reinforcing it with hardware cloth all the way around though. I'm working on the hardware cloth, a package at at time. By winter it will be "completed". I love my birdies too much to let them suffer.

I have 3 layers of the chicken wire and the back side has the hardware clothe. I am reinforcing it with hardware cloth all the way around though. I'm working on the hardware cloth, a package at at time. By winter it will be "completed". I love my birdies too much to let them suffer.
Is that Daisy... posing by the daisies:lol:?

Is that Daisy... posing by the daisies:lol:?

Yes, it is! My mother (Daisy) passed away 2 years ago and at her funeral white "doves" were released. It was sooooo beautiful. I decided that I want to have a pair of my own, but not for the same reason. So I decided to get a pair since my dad (Henry) passed away 6 months before my Mom. My pigeons are Daisy and Henry. My mom would have loved them.

At one of my grandpa's funerals we released balloons. I didn't get to know this grandpa very well, I never met him. Guess I am going to have to name a balloon after him and have a pet balloon. Or make some new breed of something and name it balloon something and name one after him.

At one of my grandpa's funerals we released balloons. I didn't get to know this grandpa very well, I never met him. Guess I am going to have to name a balloon after him and have a pet balloon. Or make some new breed of something and name it balloon something and name one after him.

Back
Top Bottom