What do you think of my two new chickens? ** ( PIC HEAVY! ) **

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Traded a Buff Orp Roo for these two chicks.
    This chick is from Meyer Hatchery. My friend ordered the Leann's "Adopt Me Bargain. " I think she is a Standard Dark Cornish Hen. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a Rhode Island Red Rooster. What do you think of him? Do you think he'll turn out okay?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. kipoley

kipoley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2010
    BFE Assyria, MI
    IDK on the gender. It looks like they want some grapes [​IMG]
    ~K

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    they are both good looking! i think your roo will turn out fine, his comb is a little small but hopefully it will grow LOL

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thanks! [​IMG]
    Yep, his comb is alittle small but hopefully it'll turn out okay. [​IMG]

5. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Nice, healthy looking birds. I think it's a cornish cross, very pretty. And your RIR still looks pullet-ish to me in the face but I love the deep red color.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Thanks! At first I though the cornish one was a wyandotte, because of his face. But then I look in the meyer catalog and they had dark cornish chickens so I figured thats what he/she was. [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure the RIR is a roo, because his tail feathers and so rooish. [​IMG] He has black on the end of his tail it's all shiney and stuff, and I'm pretty sure the RIR hens don't have that. [​IMG] I sure wouldn't mind him being a hen, though! lol

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Very cute! I love the markings on the first one--it's beautiful! The second does look to be a RIR, and I'd say the first looks like a pullet and the second could go either way but I'm leaning towards cockerel.

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    The first chicken really looks like a wyandotte in the face, but the body doesn't. Could he be a wyandotte X Dark Cornish???
    I named the RIR roo ... Red ... LOL very creative huh!! lol I'm still trying to think of a name for the first one .. any ideas? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by