What do you think of these guys?

So sorry to hear you lost one of the hens. I re-read all the posts, and I don't see anywhere what color D'Uccle your roo was. Was he Mille Fleur or another variety? And am I correct in assuming your Sebright hen is Silver and not Gold?

If you are serious about continuing, I think you should get another D'Uccle roo of the same color variety as the first one. That's probably going to be easier than trying to get to the same destination by taking a different road.

OK I'm loving this thread.

I have 7 d'Uccle x Lt Brahma chicks I hatched out of my birds.

2 are silver and the rest a golden brown. All have lacing.

Do your's have lighter leg feathering and the big d'Uccle feathered feet?

My hen is a golden neck, so I'm thinking all these gold ones are going to be roos.
sad.png

They are so cute though and I love the coloring that those tiny little feathers are becoming.

I just love your birds! They are beautiful.

Don't know where you are but I have 3 Mille Fluer d'Uccle roos. I'd give you one to keep going.

Ok so now I AM seriously thinking about buying another roo... My husband is going to freek!..
gig.gif
But I will show him your posts and see what he says, he really is a pretty easy going guy. If we didnt already have 7 roo's he would likely be more excited. lol I am wondering if we could get daddy roo back for a short time? We gave him to someone hubby works with but his daughter is very attached, I wouldnt want to take him from her. But maybe we could borrow him? lol Anyway... here is a picture of both daddy and mom. Not a great one of her but gives you the idea. He is a Mille Fleur and she is a silver sebright.
Decemberjanuary2009203-1.jpg

Don't know where you are but I have 3 Mille Fluer d'Uccle roos. I'd give you one to keep going.

So glad you are loving the thread... I am too! We are in Georgia! Really do appreciate the offer for the roo's... Where are you?

You all have encouraged me to go for it! Hopefully hubby will agree... if we are able to sell the eggs, he will be on board! And my ds will learn a lot in the process, which is my biggest goal! Guess its time to start reading up on breeding and genetics
caf.gif
and how all that works... a good assignment for my ds!
clap.gif
Along with finding a roo! I will try to get more current pictures of the Se'Uccles... they have grown a bit since this those pics were taken. Hopefully I can take some more pics tomorrow and post them soon.

Oh I almost forgot...
How big of a coop is it going to be?

We are not really sure yet, looks like maybe a 9x12 but we are still working out the details... I'll keep ya posted!
wink.png

I love the mix also. If only my mille hen would lay id put her with my golden sebright and see what id get lol. Id be interested in eggs but my mom would kill me. I am already trying to get more serama eggs
hide.gif
Once my work at home business takes off and my horse show clothes making buisness gets going and i have money id be able to get some though.

I love the look of this roosters
droolin.gif
Now, if can get the hen to have the same color as the rooster, then this would be a very popular new breed. D'Uccle and Seabrights are two of the most beautiful and desired bantam breeds
love.gif

I'm know I'm literally raising this thread from the dead since its so long since any new posts have been made, but this is interesting.
big_smile.png

Did you carry on with your Se'Uccle project?
My gold Sebright hen has recently started laying and she is in with a silver quail D'anver boy. I've popped 2 eggs in the incubator and hope that they hatch. The D'anver is similar to the D'uccle but it has no leg feathers and has a rose comb the same as a Sebright. I can't wait to see what hatches now.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom