What do you think of this coloring?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Frosty, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    This is my older male, he's going to be 4 this year. He was sold to me in the fall of his first year as a BS but apparently he is pied. The tops of his wings are like a faded flat black with some white on them. and where I see pictures of peacocks with rust coloring on the outer end of the wings, his are more like a light tan. This is the best I have right now that I have for a picture... Thoughts? (He is the one in the back).

[​IMG]

2. Aww so cute!!! I love peafowls (despite my bad experiences) they so pretty! Yes this color i really pretty [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG], I wanna see him with his tail up, it has to be beautiful
    !!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

He looks pied to me. Pied BS?

4. Arbor

Arbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    Possibly dark pied if you don't notice any white in his train.

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Dark pied or maybe split white. Not pied. He should lose the white in the back. Bs keep a few until 4 yr old.

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Dark pied or maybe split white. Not pied. He should lose the white in the back. Bs keep a few until 4 yr old.

7. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    OH their both so pretty! I think Peacocks are just devine looking!

8. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    they are beautiful!!! I so want some peacocks but my husband is currently vetoing them...I will probably sneak some in...I wonder how I could hide their coop [​IMG]

9. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:get them as chicks and see how long it takes him to notice they aren't chickens? Then look baffled and say the order must have been messed up... [​IMG]

10. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I was out looking at my guy and I think he lost most of the white specs in his wings but the color there is still a duller faded looking color. Is that normal for BS?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by