what do you think to this?

Doesn't seem to have much for light and ventilation. I would maybe either make those windows bigger or add them to each corner instead of just that one spot. It's really cute and modern though :)

yes im with you there. but there out all day as the dog is guarding them like there his ha ha. i am also planing to make a dusk till dawn door opener. which will be fun

Cant wait to see some pics. How are you making your door opener. I need to make one but dont really understand how to do it. Some people are so good at figuring that stuff out but I am not one of those people lol

Looks nice but how big and how many chickens do you want or have? The great thing about having backyard chickens is you can build whatever your heart desires. We live in the country and I'm building a coop in the corner of building--previous owner had an RV--that is tall and secure. I'll cut a pop door to the outside run. Nothing fancy and plan to have 15--18 chickens. Using lumber that was left so that helps in cost. Others on these pages have coops that are gorgeous. Again just sit down and draw up a plan, throw it away, try again until you get what you want.

i agree its a nice modern coop if i was going to use the design i put a row of windows all the way around the coop it will add more light but still keep the look

I love the contemporary design, but like everyone else, I'd be concerned with the size and light. I have to get my coop up off the ground higher than this one due to city ordinances, but I do like the green roof design. I wonder how much a green roof decreases heat in the summer. I live in Mich. but the last couple of years our summers have exceeded 100 degrees for several days in a row during July. My biggest concern in building my coop this spring is heat removal without some sort of electric fan. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom