what do you think

Jul 24, 2020
NY
So not sure if this is where to post this but my teacher is raising chicks to keep and we are hatching guinea hens from my farm and if some do hatch i get a few he gets the rest. I was wondering if some do hatch could I take my favorite chick flash a welsummer that I desperately want home with the few keets and raise the chick with the keets then integrate them all to my flock of guinea-hens.

...could I take my favorite chick flash a welsummer that I desperately want home with the few keets and raise the chick with the keets then integrate them all to my flock of guinea-hens...
I do not think that is a good idea.

well the thing is i kindof have never owned chickens and everyone is pushing me to so
guys listen flash here

he came from my favorite egg
he is my favorite chick
he is my favorite breed of chicken
i love him sooo much and i cant bear to let him go

If you want to have that chick, I suggest you get a chicken coop, and some other chicks, and then Flash can live happily with the other chickens.

That would be the best way to have this chick, and keep it alive and healthy and happy.

Chickens and guineas are enough different that they will probably not live happily together.
Yes, they are related birds, but not related enough to live together happily.
Think about if you tried to live with the gorillas at the zoo-- gorillas are related to people, but you would not be very happy trying to live with them!

it depends expecially if he is intergrated well
The title of your thread is "is this a bad idea"
And my answer is yes.
You can try to justify it however you like and nobody's going to stop you if you try it. But I think it will end badly for your chick. If he's your favorite, I would hope you could do better than putting him with a bunch of bullies.

*Edited to say I noticed you changed your thread title to "What do you think" and I haven't changed my mind. It's still a bad idea.

it depends expecially if he is intergrated well
i kindof have never owned chickens
told you so agree GIF by Bounce

*rolling each word in sugar to sweeten this as best I can*

You have no idea what you're talking about. Integration has nothing to do with them getting along.

So not sure if this is where to post this but my teacher is raising chicks to keep and we are hatching guinea hens from my farm and if some do hatch i get a few he gets the rest. I was wondering if some do hatch could I take my favorite chick flash a welsummer that I desperately want home with the few keets and raise the chick with the keets then integrate them all to my flock of guinea-hens.
If I'm understanding your post properly, you would like to raise one chick with a few keets?
I just don't see that ending well for the chick. Do you not have other chicks to raise this chick with?

Back
Top Bottom