What do you think?

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
I have three half khaki campbell, half rouen ducklings in my brooder, their moms were khakis, they laid wonderful, but im worried that these babies wont lay as well (if I get any hens
roll.png
) what do you guys think?

I think it's kind of a gamble. When mixing breeds each batch is kind of different. They could end up being very good layers or they could be more of a average layer.

Quote:
Well, so far they look like rouens, but act alot like khakis. Im hopeing their more on the khaki side!

I hope it works out for you
smile.png
. Either way they'll still be adorable
love.gif

Quote:
Thanks, they are staying here nomatter what. Lol. Now that cheese passed im keeping my babies close and warm. Lol. Just hopeing for only one drake
fl.gif
hopeing the rouen is a drake!
fl.gif

fl.gif
I hope so to. Too many drakes have always been a problem for me
hmm.png

Quote:
Me too. When I first got my first duck, it was straight run and I got seven. Only two were hens
somad.gif
but I still have those two hens. Lol. But it took a long time to get rid of all the drakes!

Oh no! Out of all the ducklings I've raised I've only gotten one female
th.gif

Quote:
How many have you raised?

Out of all the ducks I raised this year which rounds to 13 I got 6 drakes, and 8 hens. The second batch were sexed to. Hopeing for better ratio this time though. I vent sexed them all except the runt the other day (wanted to make sure they were good and old enough) and I dont think I did it right
lol.png
cause it looked like all hens
lau.gif
deffinetly not right.

Back
Top Bottom