What do you use for feeders/waterers?

I use a variety: One feeder is a store bought cannister style, and the other is a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket mounted onto a planter base (they use this one the most. For waterers, I have one of the big plastic manufactured cannister style (from a farm auction), a metal, store bought cannister style, and 2 big rubberized pans from TS.

Quote:
8311_img_0931.jpg

A 30 gal drum, height cut to fit under tractor. A bunch of 2 1/2" holes drilled around perimeter. A 55 gal drum with a bunch of 4" holes drilled around the perimeter.

Drop 30 into 55. Place small (used) traffic cone in center of 30 to keep feed at outer edges.

Drill and bolt the cone thru the 30 to the 55.

Put some rope handles with pipe for handholds on it.

Trim the 30 lid to fit.

Put it where you want it.

Put 150 pounds of feed in 30 and go on vacation.

Come home from vacation.

Load birds into crates, take to nice Mennonite lady that processes tham for $2.00 each.

Heat and Serve!

We made waterers out of 5 gallon buckets and hog pans. After researching on this site how to do it and some trial and error I found the best way is to put six 1/4 inch holes drilled 2 inches from the top of the 5 gallon bucket. You fill up the bucket with water, snap on the lid make sure it is sealed all the way around. Then invert the bucket into the hog pan. I tried the other ways that said to put the holes around the bottom of the bucket etc. and it didn't work...all the water would just leak out so make sure to put the holes at the top!

Timo- thanks, that is a great idea although I will have to downsize mine for my bantams. So it looks like they don't waste much with that setup.

Everybody has some GREAT ideas!!! I will show these to the handyman in my family for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom