What does »follow« actually mean? 🦆

Your personal news feed will include things from people you follow that you may not be following yourself, like for example...

If I comment on a media post by chrissynemetz it would show up in your news feed but not your notifications unless you've also commented on the same media.

Hope that explanation doesn't confuse you more 😂
It actually does… :oops:

If you read through your news feed you should be able to see the difference, better than I can explain it 😂🤣
I compared both lists and now i am even more confused! 😵😵😵
This is how your reply shows up in my news-feed:
1579929328951.png

1579929352762.png

And this is what it looks like in my alerts:
1579929405392.png

I have turned off the alerts for reactions, otherwise i get overwhelmed with alerts…
But there is no obvious difference, other than that my personal news feed is moving even faster than the alerts

Wait wait wait..... There's a personal news feed on this site?

I've been here for years. (admittedly I can be rather stunned... a lot of the time...) But I don't think I know about a personal news feed.

I use Follow for a few reasons.

1. To know when the people I chat with are online.
2. for easy access to their profile
3. Since I've locked my profile page, to give them access to my profile.

As far as I'm aware unless I go to their profile and look at their recent posts, I don't see what they're doing.

I compared both lists and now i am even more confused! 😵😵😵
This is how your reply shows up in my news-feed:
View attachment 2010423
View attachment 2010424
And this is what it looks like in my alerts:
View attachment 2010425
I have turned off the alerts for reactions, otherwise i get overwhelmed with alerts…
But there is no obvious difference, other than that my personal news feed is moving even faster than the alerts
These messages are because you're watching the thread that is being replied to. Not because you're following DiYMama540.... (I don't even know if you are.) But those notifications are because you commented here and auto-watch a thread when you comment in it.

Back
Top Bottom