What does a 'squat' look like

Quote:
Funny, I call this particular action 'rocking' when my hens so this, because to me it appears like they're trying to make themselves harder to pick up, like a rock. :-D One of my hens does do the little tap dancy thing when she rocks though. She makes quite the dust cloud. :hmm

The 'I am in the process of laying an egg' is what I refer to as squatting, when they look really uncomfortable.
big_smile.png

Never had a rooster for any length of time, (got rid of him pretty quick, he was an accident), so maybe my ladies are confoosled.
lol.png

This is the one thing I was really curious about! My girls started doing this right about when they started laying. They literally line up at my feet and squat and I scratch their backs and under their wings and they love it! They get up and shake it off and run away. This happens several times a day. I thought it looked like what they do when they are getting sexy time with thier man, and thought since my ladies have no man, that they were thinking I would mate them and then lay eggs...... It was kinda wierd at first but now, they do it so often, if I dont pet them they peck at me and get all mad like how dare I ignore them..... they are prissy queens....

So that is it huh? It is a sumbmission, approval, Cat-like thing?

Birds are weird....
roll.png

lol i remember the first time one of my hens did this, it was a Red Sexlink and i kept looking underneath her and checking her vent, thinking it was her trying to lay an egg.....then i thought she was egg bound or something lol....she kept doing it so i thought maybe she kept pushing and had an egg stuck in there that wouldnt come out lol....that is until i noticed a pattern...just when i would go to pet her or get too close lol

Back
Top Bottom