What does black poop mean?

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
I read that it could mean internal bleeding, but I don’t see any blood. The poop is just black and little dry. She’s acting fine.

Could this be a sign of reproductive disease?
IMG_5696.jpeg

What's her diet?
Bar ale organic feed, occasional grubs, seeds, vegetables.
She’s been a really great layer for 2 years then something happened.

She recovered from egg bound (a shellless egg broke inside her) and laid a very thin shelled egg today.

The rest of my hens have normal poop. She acts normal. They have probiotics and vitamins in their water.

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Do you remember by any chance if you give/gave your flock any berries, such as blackberries or blueberries? And do you have wood ash in the coop at all?

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Do you remember by any chance you give your flock any berries, such as blackberries or blueberries? And do you have wood ash in the coop at all?
Oh yes! They got 2 blueberries each. This makes sense, but I’m still a bit confused why her poop is dry, instead of wet from the juices. I don’t have any wood ash.

Oh yes! They got 2 blueberries each. This makes sense, but I’m still a bit confused why her poop is dry, instead of wet from the juices. I don’t have any wood ash.
Giving them blueberries could be it, but that isn't a big problem, so keep doing it! Do you see any signs of her getting broody?

Giving them blueberries could be it, but that isn't a big problem, so keep doing it! Do you see any signs of her getting broody?
No, but right now i’m scared she might have a shell gland issue because she’s been laying weak eggs :) thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom