What does it mean if a a chick keeps pecking the same place they pipped?

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
It’s wiggling around and chirping loudly (distress chirp.) it’s day 22 and I’ve only have 1 out of 16 chicks hatch 4 are pipped. 1 egg that’s pipped is active (this particular one.) it keeps pecking the same hole it’s already pecked. 56% is the highest I can get my humidity and I’m thinking maybe it’s malpositioned or stuck? Or is it just a “late bloomer.” Just wondering the reason it’s pecking the same whole and distressed chirping, also one of my eggs is pipped on the wrong end.

I can hear chicks peeping outside of my incubator when they are hatching. Do nothing to try and help this chick out unless it has been over 24 hours. When you open the incubator, thinking you are helping them you are not because it shrink wraps them. The chick will figure it out and if they don’t then some are not meant to get out.

It’s wiggling around and chirping loudly (distress chirp.) it’s day 22 and I’ve only have 1 out of 16 chicks hatch 4 are pipped. 1 egg that’s pipped is active (this particular one.) it keeps pecking the same hole it’s already pecked. 56% is the highest I can get my humidity and I’m thinking maybe it’s malpositioned or stuck? Or is it just a “late bloomer.” Just wondering the reason it’s pecking the same whole and distressed chirping, also one of my eggs is pipped on the wrong end.
It means that it's probably a very large chick that can't move to zip properly.

I can hear chicks peeping outside of my incubator when they are hatching. Do nothing to try and help this chick out unless it has been over 24 hours. When you open the incubator, thinking you are helping them you are not because it shrink wraps them. The chick will figure it out and if they don’t then some are not meant to get out.
Also one pipped wrong end and there’s a droplet of blood coming out. Will it be ok?

Back
Top Bottom