What does it mean when you can't see through an egg when candling?

keep it as long as there's no bad odor and not passing 24th days.
smile.png

yea that is what i was gonna do... hopefully they will hatch beautiful lil chicks. like you said... they aren't smelly or weeping so they are still worth giving a chance.

How can I tell when they are gonna hatch? One of my eggs I can only see the air sac but if you look hard enough you can see the dark veins

just a question to clarify on what Grillo said... if you can see the airsac as obviously illuminated and everything else is shadowy, that's a GOOD egg?? and if you put the candler where the air sac should be and don't see ANY illumination, that's a BAD egg?

thanks for the help!

Many of us are very careful when we candle eggs and assume that we can easily be wrong, so if an egg looks like it "might" be dead but we aren't sure mark the egg and check again a couple of days later.

Mistakes happen all the time! Never discard an egg unless you are 100% sure! When you get close to hatch the egg turns solid black with just an aircell and it is very hard to see anything. At that stage, when the embryo should be full grown, water candling to check for movement is an option.

You saw veins in the egg which means it is alive, if the egg dies the blood will pool and instead of seeing a spider web of veins it produces a "ring" where the blood settled and the spidery veins disappear or turn to blood spots.

Example of dead egg with blood ring (no spidery veins):
1597197069985.png

1597197550343.png

Last edited:
i have the same problem but when i flash a light through it i dont see any movement but when i move it its like theres wiggly stuff please tell me its not dead what am im suppose to do am i doing something wrong??

Back
Top Bottom