What does it take to be a Mod?

So all the moderators here are rich... Very interesting...
lol.png

I wasn't going to post this publicly, but we're all about full disclosure:

Pay Scale For BYC Staff:

$.01 for every post
$.20 for every edited post
$.50 for responding to members via PM
$1.00 for responding to a reported post
$3.00 for a temporary banning of a problem poster
$5.00 for a permanent banning of a problem poster
$10.00 for finding a banned member's alternate name on the forum

lau.gif

Seriously though, Moderators come and go (and some come back again), but in general, for BYC (and many other message boards / forums for that matter) the requirements to be a moderator are:

1. Above all, you must have a love for the community and a strong desire to help it grow by keeping it a friendly and safe place for everyone and anyone to visit.

2. You must show maturity, decorum, level headedness and common sense when dealing with other members of the forum.

3. You must agree with the philosophies and policies of the forum. We like to have a diversity of experience and background in the staff which helps us see things from lots of points of view, but in general everyone should be on the same page regarding the rules and how we enforce them.

4. A knowledge of poultry is preferred but not required... just a love of the community and the energy and desire to help fellow members.

A quick note about that last point. I received an IM from someone a while ago that said they were concerned about some moderators not being chicken experts. A moderator's job is NOT to answer every one's chicken questions. It is to keep the forum a well oiled machine so everyone can answer every one's questions without any problems. Heck, if being an expert was a requirement, I sure wouldn't be in the staff!

I comes down to maturity and love of the community.

Back
Top Bottom