What does it take to be a Mod?

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Not that I want to be a moderater, but I'm curious. Is being a mod like a paid job, a volunteer job, or just a thing you do in your spare time? Because from what I gather they can edit/delete anybody's posts/account.Seems like a pretty big deal, not something just anybody could do!

Thanks for answering my Q!

-Every Nobody, Very Interestingly, Releases Orpingtons.

Being a Mod is done on your spare time. No your not paid for your time, and yes you can delete topics or single posts But deleting a Member is normaly done by an Admin. There is normaly a section for Admin/ mod's that nobody else can see for discussing issues or whatever.

I'm a Mod on a CB radio forum and it's not bad. There are times I wish I hadn't accepted the position, Heaven Forbid anyone talk about another forum, Amp builder or Cb technician. It's rediculous really.

Yea i'm a moderator on a gameing forums... moderating is usually a volinteering job.... There are a few exceptions though. I can deleat, move, lock, and a few other things on that forums. but the removal of members is usually left to the admin.

What does it take to be a Mod?

Wads and wads of cash. Have you seen the car Nifty-Chicken drives?
lol.png

the most fun part is being an Administrator. then you can come up with ideas and things like that, make groups for people, take part in all the behind-the-scenes secret conversations, etc.

loads of fun.

*Secrets, maybe??? Kinda like being a spy, we'd need one of those radio-controlled "fly-on-the-wall" bugs to find out. Anybody got one? Maybe they even know all about the secret lives of chickens!!!!
wink.png

d.k :

*Secrets, maybe??? Kinda like being a spy, we'd need one of those radio-controlled "fly-on-the-wall" bugs to find out. Anybody got one? Maybe they even know all about the secret lives of chickens!!!!
wink.png

How's this?

buganimatedws4.gif

You have to be devoted and something of a pariah, to absorb all the punishment. You wouldn't imagine the email they get.

You have to like being in control, too, and making unpopular decisions - while accepting no feedback on your decisions.
You have to hope you get it right and to heck with those who don't like it.

It's sort of like being a parent, I think.

Thats true. You do have to keep everyone inline. Monitor posts to be sure they are clean for a family forum.

It's hard at times for me because you chat with certain people and get to know them, then you talk to them 2000 miles away on the radio and before you know it they are the topic in the secret section because a Mod/admin doesn't like something they said 6 months prior or something in their signature. Ends up to where you have to distance yourself from your friends. I've seen it where someone comes from another related forum and automaticly they're there to recruit members for the other place so they get Pm's shut off and watched like a Hawk.
When in all reality you are all there because you share a common interest and want to post with/about a guy from the west coast that you talked to on the radio.

Sorry for the vent.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom