What does this mean?

This behavior won't answer it for you. Eggs and crows are the best way to tell, obviously, but this is really true of an EE; they are difficult to guess correctly until they get saddle feathers or they crow.

S*T*A*R :

I'm not worried about them pecking at each other, i just need to find out if one of them is a rooster. I'm not allowed to have roosters, so i would need to get rid of it.

If it has the black lacing like your avatar , its very likely a pullet also . Roosters aren't prohibited untill somebody complains , right ?
wink.png
big_smile.png

So do you guys think that if my other EE looks like my avatar picture, but much darker, could that also be a pullet?

S*T*A*R :

So do you guys think that if my other EE looks like my avatar picture, but much darker, could that also be a pullet?

That's what all my EE pullets look like, some darker, some lighter, but that same general pattern and color. I had one EE roo; he was black and white.​

Quote:
That's what all my EE pullets look like, some darker, some lighter, but that same general pattern and color. I had one EE roo; he was black and white.

So do you think both of my EE's are pullets?

Given that my EE rooster started crowing at about 2 months I'd say if it's a March hatch and not crowing by now it probably isn't a rooster. My pullets established a pecking order by playing "chicken", they run at each other to see who will shy away. Often this means neither will so they smash together--I assume they are settling something in all this.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom