What does this poop mean?

I feel like if it were a reproductive issue, there would be noticable swelling. She's so bony, you would be able to feel something. I think it's just because she's been malnourished.

I would try getting some Terramycin eye ointment from a feed store to use in the eye twice a day. Does she have any nasal drainage or trouble breathing that might indicate a respiratory disease?

I would try getting some Terramycin eye ointment from a feed store to use in the eye twice a day. Does she have any nasal drainage or trouble breathing that might indicate a respiratory disease?
No drainage. While trying to open her eye a bit, I think she got some water in her nose or something because now her breathing sounds a bit raspy. I'll see if it goes away in the morning.

Update: The hen is doing better. I think I'll name her Tammy. She still looks so small and frail, but her head is looking great. After spending a good half an hour just getting gunk out of her swollen eye, it's been fine since. No more gunk buildup in either eye, and the previously bad eye is almost fully open today. She's eating and drinking and walking around. Now all that's left is to wait for the scabs to heal up completely and try to get some more meat on her bones. Hopefully she gets a bit stronger and I can try to introduce her to my silkies.

Here's a picture of her eye a couple days before I cleaned it out. The following day, it looked much worse. It was very swollen and yellow, and upon lifting away her eyelid, there was nothing but gross yellow gunk. Today, that eye is wide open and the scab has receded away from her eyelid a bit.

Attachments

• 20180313_185652.jpg
    20180313_185652.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom